Newstead - 2018 entry

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
lpr2018

Re: Newstead - 2018 entry

Post by lpr2018 »

Dear All,
I tried to contact school admission department but no answer.

Do you have any idea how many students got the placement in second round?

Could you please please let us know.

Kind Regards,
LR
PettswoodFiona

Post by PettswoodFiona »

Hello, I suspect they are not about much during the school holidays.

I have heard via pm from one parent whose DD was given a place of 14th on the waiting list with a score of 220 who has not yet received an offer. It is probably only a matter of time before they get an offer but the parent has said they are happy for me to share this so that others on the list can also get an idea of how far the waiting list has / hasn’t moved so far.
PettswoodFiona

Post by PettswoodFiona »

Another update from someone who is further down the waiting list they got through to someone on the 'phone ad they said the school said they offered in the latest round upto and including 13th place on the wait list.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

PettswoodFiona wrote:Hello, I suspect they are not about much during the school holidays.

I have heard via pm from one parent whose DD was given a place of 14th on the waiting list with a score of 220 who has not yet received an offer. It is probably only a matter of time before they get an offer but the parent has said they are happy for me to share this so that others on the list can also get an idea of how far the waiting list has / hasn’t moved so far.
PettswoodFiona wrote:Another update from someone who is further down the waiting list they got through to someone on the 'phone ad they said the school said they offered in the latest round upto and including 13th place on the wait list.
Sounds like your 'no14 friend' is probably now your 'no1 friend' :D
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Bexley11plus

Post by Bexley11plus »

Is there any knowledge/ indication based on prior years as to when the next round of offers would take place, and if so how far down the list these would go? Does each subsequent round offer less places than the preceding one? Looks like this round there were 13 places offered, would we be safe to assume that subsequent offers from the waiting list would be lower than 13 places?
PettswoodFiona

Post by PettswoodFiona »

Last year people were reluctant to post scores or contact me so I had no knowledge but others may do so. The year before that DD started at the school so it was all new to us. There isn't a history that I am aware of of how many get offered and even if after this initial round there will be further rounds or if it starts being one at a time or not. I know there were a few offers made after the induction day at the end of June when a few girls didn't turn up and the school followed up and found a couple that weren't planning on attending. You may get some better information from the admissions team. Next year will be hard to compare with this year as it will be the new year of the PP admissions for those in the top 350.

Note that the email addresses have changed to @newsteadwood.co.uk so if you have been communicating with the school with bromley in the email address those are no longer valid.
FlowerPink18

Post by FlowerPink18 »

Bexley11plus wrote:Is there any knowledge/ indication based on prior years as to when the next round of offers would take place, and if so how far down the list these would go? Does each subsequent round offer less places than the preceding one? Looks like this round there were 13 places offered, would we be safe to assume that subsequent offers from the waiting list would be lower than 13 places?
When we called NW yesterday, they asked us to call next week. As the Kent waiting list offers are on 18th April, there could be some movement next week.

Looking at the cut off and waiting list offers, there maybe around 10 children with the same mark(just my assumption ).
Sorrel

Post by Sorrel »

Thought Kent waiting list offers were posted on 25 April? So might take a little while to feed through.
bluesea

Post by bluesea »

My friend's daughter was offered a place during the summer holiday a couple of years back. Indie deposits generally have a deadline of Easter so it is possible places are released after the holiday by parents choosing the indie route. However, some indie parents continue to hold the state place too, when they really should release it for others.
FlowerPink18

Post by FlowerPink18 »

Sorrel wrote:Thought Kent waiting list offers were posted on 25 April? So might take a little while to feed through.
That's right. It says in the website