Greenwich parents!!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

BogginsDad

Re: Greenwich parents!!

Post by BogginsDad »

Likewise, he's distraught with 3rd choice, wonder what on earth has happened with distances.

Near us Bullers' Boys has been a massive distraction but not sure how many will have taken the 11 plus, passed chosen Chis & Sid and now be about to turn a place down.

Imagine there'll be a lot of people in the 3.x to 4.3 mile radius ahead of us on the waiting list.
Last edited by BogginsDad on Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cornucopia

Post by cornucopia »

We have a C&S place (live in Greenwich borough) but will be declining it as sprog has a good scholarship offer from an independent school. I really liked C&SG but know someone else will be pleased to have the place. I'm sure we're not the only ones in this situation, so hopefully you will see more movement soon. I'm going to decline promptly rather than hanging onto the place as an insurance offer.
shelley75

Post by shelley75 »

cornucopia wrote:We have a C&S place (live in Greenwich borough) but will be declining it as sprog has a good scholarship offer from an independent school. I really liked C&SG but know someone else will be pleased to have the place. I'm sure we're not the only ones in this situation, so hopefully you will see more movement soon. I'm going to decline promptly rather than hanging onto the place as an insurance offer.
That's really good of you *raises a glass*.
Seendy1

Post by Seendy1 »

We missed out on Townley too. We are about 5 miles away and she passed the test as well!! She is totally gutted.

We got our second choice - which is further away - still a very good grammar... but DD not too keen!!
Happy hamster

Post by Happy hamster »

godhelpme wrote:Yes Boggins we’re 3.9 straight line from Chis and didn’t get offered, albeit it was our second choice.

I feel so awful for DD.
Someone mentioned their daughter got in at 3.8, so I think you'll be ok. We got c&s at 3.68. Not our first choice but super grateful nonetheless. All the best x
saltydog

Post by saltydog »

Hi Seendy1
Hope you don't think I am being too nosey but I am very curious as to which Grammar School your DD was given at 5 miles away from Townley and living in Greenwich? Was it a Bexley one? All the catchment areas I have seen posted so far for the Bexley schools are considerably less than 5 miles. Just interested as we didn't get a place anywhere at 5.2 miles. Gutted.
Seendy1

Post by Seendy1 »

Hi Saltydog,

She has been offered a place at Dartford Grammar for Girls which was second on our list. We did put the other 2 grammar schools from Bexley as well - Bexley Grammar and Chis&Sid but further down on our list (4th & 5th)

What school did your DC get?
Mich895

Post by Mich895 »

godhelpme - I don't know if you have looked at the Townley thread but Bexley have confirmed today that Townley went out to 5.9 miles. This would be the shortest route by road.
godhelpme

Post by godhelpme »

Thanks Mich895 for the heads up.

I’ve left voicemail but no response yet. Google maps puts us at 5.8miles by road, and almost a mile closer in a straight line, so am very eager to see what they have to say.
Mich895

Post by Mich895 »

Hi godhelpme, This is from their admissions information "Distance from school with priority given to pupils living nearest to the school based on the distance from home to school measured along the shortest route by road from postcode to postcode considered appropriate by the School.

Home will be taken as the child’s home address at the time of allocation, (National Offers Day) that is the address at which the child lives with the parent or legal guardian who is also the main carer, defined as the parent eligible to receive child benefit and/or child tax credit. Distance from home to school will not be revised if parents/carers re‐locate after National Offers Day."

I suppose it depends on what "considered appropriate by the school" means. Keep us updated.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now