Townley

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
bondgirl

Re: Townley

Post by bondgirl »

If it helps, a friend has spoken to Bexley this morning. Chis and Sid went out 3.8 miles, and Townley 5.9. Good luck to all of you waiting. There is always movement right up to September.
hedgeh0g

Post by hedgeh0g »

Nachan wrote:
hedgeh0g wrote:We had Townley as our first choice but didn't get in (got C&S, 2nd choice). We live 6.3 miles walking / 7.2 miles driving according to Google.
Can I ask how far from C&S you are? Just want to get an idea of potential waiting list. Thanks
No problem, I'm 3.49 miles in a straight line.
Happy hamster

Post by Happy hamster »

Thanks bond girl that's really helpful. For townley is that walking distance then? Did they tell you what system they were using to calculate it? On the walking distance calculator I found on google we were 6 something , then townley admissions said 7.1 to me back in October. I'm a bit worried now, I thought we were dead cert for townley. The distances seem to have really shrunk.

Thanks again very much appreciated.
bondgirl

Post by bondgirl »

I don’t know which system they used to measure the distance I’m afraid, as I didn’t speak to them. It may be worth calling them?
2childmum

Post by 2childmum »

From the Bexley admission booklet -
Distances are measured as a straight line from home to the school for all schools except Townley Grammar School. This school measures distances by the shortest, safe walking route.

Thought I would post just to clarify
Seendy1

Post by Seendy1 »

Yes this is exactly what the lady at Bexley Council told me this morning. They use the walking route and this year went out to 5.9 miles only. Totally shocked. Did not anticipate at all that we would not get into Townley... we are according to Google Map about 5.5 miles walking route away. Not too sure how the waiting list will work and based on everyone on here and a few other chats on here - that waiting list is going to be very very long!!!
Blackheathparent

Post by Blackheathparent »

Another disappointed parent here. According to Google, we’re 6.3 miles away from Townley by car and 6.1 on walking route. On free map tools, we’re about 7 miles by land transport (5.7 as the crow flies) when you put the full address for both the school and my house. Very hard to know how they are measuring it. I’ve written to both Bexley Council and to Townley to check which distance they are considering for us. Let’s hope the waiting list moves quickly... I have a very upset DD here, even though she got her top comprehensive choice, Eltham Hill.
tand

Post by tand »

Not sure how townley calculate walking route. We are at 5.6 miles (as from google map) but didn;t get offer. DD devasted
godhelpme

Post by godhelpme »

No offer here either, we’re 5.8miles by road and 6.1miles walking route according to Google.

Though looking at the route no sane parent would allow their child to walk it :?

I’m hopeful that waiting lists will move in April, but it’ll be so helpful for everyone to know exactly how Townley calculated all our distances.
joolz32

Post by joolz32 »

If it helps, the head said it was a safe walking route so they may do it differently to Google maps. X
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now