Townley

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Bexley11plus

Re: Townley

Post by Bexley11plus »

We were at an open evening yesterday for new starters and the Head did comment that there has been a change this year due to how popular the school has been for 1st and 2nd choice nominations on the CAF. As a result, the offers are not going out as far as they have in prior years. Where in prior years they have gone out to 9 miles or all that applied, this year they have gone out "Five Point Something miles." There was no comment on how that may change over the next few months ie waiting list movement.
thickasabrick

Post by thickasabrick »

There was no comment on how that may change over the next few months ie waiting list movement
If a lot more offers were for first choice applications, obviously the waiting lists will move a lot less.

Other than the increased popularity, there are a number of factors that have resulted in this increase such as a larger number of kids have been deemed selective, this year seems to be a girl-heavy year, exclusions at Kent Grammars and issues at competitors.
godhelpme

Post by godhelpme »

tand wrote:Any idea by when we expect movement to townley waiting list?
A girl we know has been offered from the waiting list so looks like places are shifting. Good luck to all x
tand

Post by tand »

Thanks. Spoke to school and there is movement to list but seems very slow..
let's hope if it picks up after kent 2nd round of offers
Lysianassa

Post by Lysianassa »

godhelpme wrote:
tand wrote:Any idea by when we expect movement to townley waiting list?
A girl we know has been offered from the waiting list so looks like places are shifting. Good luck to all x
Any idea how far down she was on the list? I don’t want to be one of those pushy parents that hounds the admissions, but DDs offered school just announced a change of Headteacher next year, so really hoping there’s enough movement on the list!
greenwich_parent

Post by greenwich_parent »

I spoke to school today and was told waitlist has moved just by 2 places. Seems very very slow.
Lysianassa

Post by Lysianassa »

greenwich_parent wrote:I spoke to school today and was told waitlist has moved just by 2 places. Seems very very slow.
Have the 2nd round of offers for Kent been sent? That is very slow..wonder how long it took last time.
Nachan

Post by Nachan »

The Kent offers went out on 25th I think so maybe it takes time for people to come off aanother waiting list they are on? Also, I think many girls put Townley as their first choice so they are probably happy with their offer. Even so, it very small movement. The lady at Townley told me that my daughter has moved 6 spaces since the list was created on National Offer day.
tand

Post by tand »

tried to contact Townley admission but didnt hear anything back on waiting list. I wonder if anybody had contacted admission team to update on waiting list. Last update I had around 25th Apr and told its moved by 2 places
FlowerPink18

Post by FlowerPink18 »

Wondering whether the waiting list usually moves this slow. Similar is the case with other schools too.