Waiting lists

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

watbogs

Re: Waiting lists

Post by watbogs »

Does anyone know if the schools can tell you are on the waiting list yet?
salsa

Post by salsa »

watbogs wrote:Does anyone know if the schools can tell you are on the waiting list yet?
If you are talking about the Bexley grammars, the answer is yes.
Salsa
olives

Post by olives »

Has anyone have email from bexley regarding waiting list that says how many ahead of your child and one more question i was reading forums one of the mum says "We received an email from Chis & Sid concerning a place on the waiting list - it was our second choice for DD on her CAF-........ " do we get that email because i didn't as far as i know after bexley send the lists we will contact to school. Can any one help me please. Many thanks.
liceo_classico

Post by liceo_classico »

When I wrote to Beths confirming that my DS was in the waiting list they told me that the position will be shared end of March/beginning of April. I don't know the other mum but the emails I received from the schools were because I wrote directly to them.
salsa

Post by salsa »

Yes, it's better to write to the schools.

Salsa
Seendy1

Post by Seendy1 »

I suppose we won’t get any update re:waiting list until the Easter break is over. I have found the lady at Townley very helpful and although she rarely picks up the phone, she has always called me back if I have left a message & she emails back fairly promptly as well.
Hopefully there will be some movement on the waiting list.
watbogs

Post by watbogs »

Does Bexley operate 'a second round of offers' - with a specific date when this happens? Or do we just stay on school waiting list and wait to hear from them direct?
tand

Post by tand »

not sure how it works. I think, we just need to wait and watch as can;t see any date related to 2nd round of offers for Bexley. For Kent, I heard it's 25th April
salsa

Post by salsa »

watbogs wrote:Does Bexley operate 'a second round of offers' - with a specific date when this happens? Or do we just stay on school waiting list and wait to hear from them direct?
There is no second round in Bexley. However, their waiting lists move after Kent’s second round and Kent appeals as people who may have places at Bexley schools may get places in Kent.

Salsa
godhelpme

Post by godhelpme »

watbogs wrote:Does Bexley operate 'a second round of offers' - with a specific date when this happens? Or do we just stay on school waiting list and wait to hear from them direct?
A girl at DD’s school is #1 on Townley’s waitlist, they’re also waiting for an offer to come through. Fyi I believe they’re about 5.8 miles from Townley.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now