St Olaves waiting list

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Fingerscrossedmum

Re: St Olaves waiting list

Post by Fingerscrossedmum »

I know that 2 boys in our small primary school received second round offers from Olaves last week. As they both got offers, I had assumed they'd offered loads but obviously not.

One is going to take the place but the other isn't so I guess more offers will be going out soon.
thickasabrick

Post by thickasabrick »

The first movement after offer day can really only come from kids who have more than one offer, i.e. independent or free schools such as Bullers Boys with their own application process.

I think a number of parents will still be in negotiations with the independents and hold on to their place for a little longer before giving it up - there will be more movement.

Not 150 though!
Fingerscrossedmum

Post by Fingerscrossedmum »

Although the boy that is turning his down is because they have decided they'd rather keep his second choice, Grammar school offer.
Novice mum

Post by Novice mum »

Sorry meant offers won't go beyond 150 rank positions at this rate...Rather than 150 waiting list.... Wish I had a crystal ball and could see into the future! I hate this uncertainty.
kumi

Post by kumi »

Is there any way to get waiting list number for st olaves?
skilfullzeus

Post by skilfullzeus »

Anyone has this year's waiting list information? I just sent an email to the admission office. Will update if I have any reply.
mj8784

Post by mj8784 »

I spoke to a lady at Bromley council yesterday who confirmed my son was on the list as it was a higher preference but she said the school held the list and they didn't see it until places became available, then they were only given a few names at a time to fill spaces. All sounds very secretive!
Now the dust has settled, we're really happy with our second choice of Beths so not even sure what we'd do if a place came up :? !
dd_son1_dd

Post by dd_son1_dd »

Any one has any update on St Olaves waiting list? :?
How does it work?
Sandra2019

Post by Sandra2019 »

Hi, Any news or update of the St Olaves waiting list?
mj8784

Post by mj8784 »

My son was just offered a place today from the waiting list so there must be some movement already. We’re not sure yet if we’re going to take it so there might be another place going soon!