Senco support Beths/ Chis and sids

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Novice mum

Senco support Beths/ Chis and sids

Post by Novice mum »

Does any one know about the level of support in either of these schools to help year 7's settle in . Do you know whether either school has a quiet area ? Do the school run social skills groups ? Would one school have better senco support compared to another?
Many thanks ,
Aethel

Re: Senco support Beths/ Chis and sids

Post by Aethel »

Where abouts are you based? You may get better info from posting in the regional section... Parents who don’t have SEN kids don’t often come to this section, and the info you need may well be held by parents who have children at the schools you are interested in already. Eg my DD1 has no special needs but is in a Bucks GS, I can still tell you what the school offer (and other parents say) we looked into the SEN provision when looking around as part of thebopen days. So go to the “regions” section and work out where to post.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Aethel wrote:Where abouts are you based? You may get better info from posting in the regional section... Parents who don’t have SEN kids don’t often come to this section, and the info you need may well be held by parents who have children at the schools you are interested in already. Eg my DD1 has no special needs but is in a Bucks GS, I can still tell you what the school offer (and other parents say) we looked into the SEN provision when looking around as part of thebopen days. So go to the “regions” section and work out where to post.
These are London Borough of Bexley grammar schools, so hopefully a mod will pop in soon and move the thread to Bexley and Bromley.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

I’ve moved this thread.
2childmum

Post by 2childmum »

Beth's has special provision for students on the autistic spectrum, and I spoke recently to the SENCO there when my daughter was looking for sixth form. She is not on the spectrum but can get overwhelmed with too much noise/movement/pressure. She would be able to go to the special needs room (called something else but I can't remember what) if she was feeling overwhelmed/at break times etc if she needed to. My son was there about 4 years ago and has said he thought the support was good, although he hadn't needed to access it.

I don't know about Chis and Sid, but my gut feeling, having looked around both, is that the pastoral care is better at Beths. Others will no doubt disagree!
Novice mum

Post by Novice mum »

Thanks for reply 2childmum . Rang both schools today support seems similar but any dealings I have had with Beths has been fantastic , whereas Chis and Sids could do with a little work on their manner and helpfulness. Just personally found Beths a more caring school.
Fingerscrossedmum

Post by Fingerscrossedmum »

DS is at Beths and the overall pastoral care is excellent.
Novice mum

Post by Novice mum »

Thank you all for your replies and comments . I have talked to some sen staff at the 2 schools. Have looked through their Sen policies and emailed senco' at the 2 schools . Trying to make an appeal case based on Sen needs .
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now