Newstead - Raw Scores

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Exams2018

Newstead - Raw Scores

Post by Exams2018 »

Hi ,
Please can anyone tell me what raw scores are needed for Newstead? If your DD got in, please can you tell me how much she scored on avg in her prep tests at home? ESP in GL, CGP and Bond papers? Thanks

DD finds CGP papers really hard.
PettswoodFiona

Re: Newstead - Raw Scores

Post by PettswoodFiona »

Newstead don’t give out raw scores, only the standardised score so it is hard to answer this effectively.

DD was generally getting 90% plus on bonds ten minute tests in about half the time and qualified quite comfortably a couple of years ago. 80% plus is probably ok if you don’t need room room for error and your DD is as cool as a cucumber in tests.

Other parents will have different experiences. Testing at home and real exams can be very different for children.
Allyfe

Post by Allyfe »

Is that in the 10-11+ or the 11+ papers PWF? I’m guessing the latter. Just wondering how far we have to go. Thanks!
PettswoodFiona

Post by PettswoodFiona »

It was the 11+ papers. We did start with the younger ones at start of Y5 just to build up confidence first but didn’t spend too long with them. I am hoping some other parents will come along too as one example isn’t going to help you too much.
Grey824

Post by Grey824 »

Hi,

I can't comment on the actual raw score as we never found out. DD decided very late on that she wanted to sit the test so we only had time to work through 'The Official 11+ Series' GL Assessment explanation books and pack 1 and 2 of NVR and pack 1 and 2 of VR.

Her very first paper DD scored a raw score of 76% NVR and 86% VR. As we worked through the papers her scores got better and her speed increased and she was getting 85-92% NVR and 90-99% VR. However things are very very different in a real exam and pressure can make a big difference. I know a girl who did fantastically well in the Kent tests and all of her practise papers but for some reason on the day, she did not perform well in the NW test. DD didn't score as highly in the real thing, but passed comfortably.

It is hard to pin point the exact raw score needed as these will be standardised to allow for age difference. For example a September born could score 78% and an August born also 78% but the August born would end up with the higher standard score.

Aim for getting at least 80% consistently this raw score should be enough to secure a place.

It's very confusing, but I hope that helps a little.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now