Chis & Sid

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Nachan

Re: Chis & Sid

Post by Nachan »

[quote="Sorrel"][quote="xnataliax"]We got the call late yesterday afternoon! DD is on the induction day today as I type! All happened so quickly in the end. We were position 12 on the wait list this time last week to top of the list with an offer yesterday, so stay positive everyone. Wishing you all the very best of luck x[/quote

Out of interest- where on the list were you in March? Just wondering how much it has moved up until now!
xnataliax

Post by xnataliax »

Sorrel wrote:
xnataliax wrote:We got the call late yesterday afternoon! DD is on the induction day today as I type! All happened so quickly in the end. We were position 12 on the wait list this time last week to top of the list with an offer yesterday, so stay positive everyone. Wishing you all the very best of luck x
Oh good news! Glad she made the induction day - just in time!
Thank you so much Sorrel. Hope you get the news you are waiting for real soon as well.
xnataliax

Post by xnataliax »

Nachan wrote:
Sorrel wrote:
xnataliax wrote:We got the call late yesterday afternoon! DD is on the induction day today as I type! All happened so quickly in the end. We were position 12 on the wait list this time last week to top of the list with an offer yesterday, so stay positive everyone. Wishing you all the very best of luck x[/quote

Out of interest- where on the list were you in March? Just wondering how much it has moved up until now!
Thank you so much Nachan; we still can’t quite believe it as it all happened so quickly. I’ve just checked back and we were number 42 on the wait list after allocations day. Wishing you lots of luck and positivity for a place as well.
Sorrel

Post by Sorrel »

xnataliax wrote:
Sorrel wrote:
xnataliax wrote:We got the call late yesterday afternoon! DD is on the induction day today as I type! All happened so quickly in the end. We were position 12 on the wait list this time last week to top of the list with an offer yesterday, so stay positive everyone. Wishing you all the very best of luck x
Oh good news! Glad she made the induction day - just in time!
Thank you so much Sorrel. Hope you get the news you are waiting for real soon as well.
Ah, thanks, but we're fine with what we got - it was a tough decision ranking them on the form anyway. But really interesting seeing how the waiting lists are going.
xnataliax

Post by xnataliax »

Ah, thanks, but we're fine with what we got - it was a tough decision ranking them on the form anyway. But really interesting seeing how the waiting lists are going.[/quote]

That’s really good to hear Sorrel. I know what you mean re the wait lists; I’ll have to start weaning myself off this site soon! It really has been a lifeline through the whole rollercoaster 11+ process.
Sorrel

Post by Sorrel »

I mentioned upthread that a boy living round here got a place in late August a couple of years ago. Just found out he was 80th on the waiting list and wasn't even last in his year to join - several did after term started. So if you're in that position and still wanting a place, there is hope!
Blackheathparent

Post by Blackheathparent »

[/quote]
Thank you so much Nachan; we still can’t quite believe it as it all happened so quickly. I’ve just checked back and we were number 42 on the wait list after allocations day. Wishing you lots of luck and positivity for a place as well.[/quote]

That’s interesting. DD was number 60 when the Chis&Sid list was compiled (20/04) and is now 24, so hasn’t moved quite as much as I hoped for. Anyway, I’m very happy the list is moving quicker! Townley seems incredibly slow and until now we were resigned to the comp we were offered. Thanks for the information and congratulations!
xnataliax

Post by xnataliax »

Blackheathparent wrote:
Thank you so much Nachan; we still can’t quite believe it as it all happened so quickly. I’ve just checked back and we were number 42 on the wait list after allocations day. Wishing you lots of luck and positivity for a place as well.[/quote]

That’s interesting. DD was number 60 when the Chis&Sid list was compiled (20/04) and is now 24, so hasn’t moved quite as much as I hoped for. Anyway, I’m very happy the list is moving quicker! Townley seems incredibly slow and until now we were resigned to the comp we were offered. Thanks for the information and congratulations![/quote]

Thank you Blackheathparent!
Yes DD was number 42 according to the email from Bexley Admissions sent on 03 April. Maybe your DD was slightly lower down if we compare the same dates? Approximately place 66 early April. Either way I’m keeping everything crossed for you and sending positive thoughts. I’m sure it will happen for you; there is still plenty of time.
Blackheathparent

Post by Blackheathparent »

Sorrel wrote:I mentioned upthread that a boy living round here got a place in late August a couple of years ago. Just found out he was 80th on the waiting list and wasn't even last in his year to join - several did after term started. So if you're in that position and still wanting a place, there is hope!
That’s exactly the position we’re in now. Number 7 on the waiting list but it hasn’t moved for a couple of weeks. I worry that if we do eventually get an offer after term starts, DD won’t want to move from the comp she was assigned. She would like to go to a grammar, but is now thinking about friendships, uniform etc. and how she’d be the odd one out...
bluesea

Post by bluesea »

Blackheathparent. Really, if you get an offer from the school after the start of term you may still want to take it. Months down the line your DD won't remember not starting with all the others. The friendship groups can take months to settle down and you may regret passing up the grammar school place. I have known of students moving abroad and their places becoming available in years 8 or 9. They were quickly filled.