Chis & Sid

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
thickasabrick

Re: Chis & Sid

Post by thickasabrick »

Chis & Sid admissions advise the furthest distance offered this year is 3.8 miles, so doesn't sound like it's moved a lot since offer day.
I would be very interested how much movement there has been so far. Considering that there have been around 20+ for schools that have released this info, it would be a bit weird for there not to have been a similar movement for C&S.

The 3.8m refers to the offer day distance - they can't / won't give out any other distance as this is the only number on their official Q&A list (my impression).

Perhaps someone very close on the waiting list or just having received an offer could share their distance?
Mich895

Post by Mich895 »

There is a Townley thread which says, as of today, their waitlist has moved by 2. So it is possible that Chis & Sids is similar and the distance hasn't changed that much.
xnataliax

Post by xnataliax »

My DD has moved 6 places on Chis & Sid waitlist since national offer day. She’s currently at position 36 and we are approx 4.4 miles. We were told the waitlist has 141 children on it.
watbogs

Post by watbogs »

It is indeed a v strange year - in the past we would definitely have got Townley, but this year we are 47th on the waiting list with very little movement since March. I've just released two places for C&S as have received offers for my twins from a Kent grammar that will be easier to get to
xnataliax

Post by xnataliax »

watbogs wrote:It is indeed a v strange year - in the past we would definitely have got Townley, but this year we are 47th on the waiting list with very little movement since March. I've just released two places for C&S as have received offers for my twins from a Kent grammar that will be easier to get to
Thank you for sharing Watbogs and many congratulations to your twins! I hope they’ll be very happy in their new school adventure.
livingcuriously

Post by livingcuriously »

The list is moving a bit, our daughter was #18 on list when I enquired shortly after Easter and has now been offered a place at C&S.
Nachan

Post by Nachan »

livingcuriously wrote:The list is moving a bit, our daughter was #18 on list when I enquired shortly after Easter and has now been offered a place at C&S.
That’s brilliant news livingcuriously! Your daughter must be so pleased. Mine was no. 78 last time I checked so not sure we’ll have the same luck but good to hear it has started moving!
xnataliax

Post by xnataliax »

The list seems to be really moving these past few weeks. My DD Has now moved a total of 30 spaces up the list since national offers day in March. Good luck all.
Mich895

Post by Mich895 »

It is induction day tomorrow and it is possible that some children will not turn up as they have chosen to go elsewhere but not informed the school, so the list could move again soon.
ThankYouDebbie

Post by ThankYouDebbie »

Hello all - we started at 37 (I think) on the Chis & Sid waiting list and were offered yesterday..... and we've turned it down. It does pain me slightly but we feel well-linked and happy with the school we were offered (our second choice), and I'm not seeing enough differentiation between the two options to make up for the long journey (we're 4.3 miles out) and the lack of others he'll know. My DC led this choice and I think it's the right one.

We didn't tutor and don't have any history with C&S so no particular investment or attachment for us.

The school officer said she expected to whoosh through the list now as other parents will be in a similar situation, ie more likely to turn it down at this stage.

I hope this information is helpful for other parents and good luck with whatever you decide to do x
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now