Go to navigation
It is currently Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:40 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:27 pm 

Hello all, DD’s starting NW this year, and I was wondering if anyone from SE London will be trekking to Newstead in September. I’m nearer Hither Green/Grove Park. Also, reminder the Parent’s Evening is this Tuesday.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:19 pm 

I see lots of NW girls in the morning at Grove Park and Hither Green when I’m travelling to work in the opposite direction. I’m sure your DD will quickly make some train buddies when she starts.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:37 pm 

DD is in Y8 and a number of her friends come in from that direction. DD is more local so gets the bus. I am sure after the girls have their familiarisation day they will find girls going in their direction. I would heartily recommend letting them get the train and not doing what one parent I know did and driving them for the first week ‘just in case’. They will make friends on the train who are outside their class and year group, this will more easily happen from day one rather than leaving it later. They will soon learn the carriage the NW girls get, at Petts Wood it seems to be about the third carriage from the front but that is a guess as I often see it at a glance or as I am going in the opposite direction.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:02 pm 

I'm in Lee area, dd also starts this September

LocalMum213 wrote:
Hello all, DD’s starting NW this year, and I was wondering if anyone from SE London will be trekking to Newstead in September. I’m nearer Hither Green/Grove Park. Also, reminder the Parent’s Evening is this Tuesday.