how placement done in grammar school

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
lutforestry

how placement done in grammar school

Post by lutforestry »

Hi Dear,
could you please help me to understand how grammar school placement done. If someone live in London, do they need to score higher compared to Local Bexley or Sidcup student to get admission.

Your help much appreciated.

best regards
Lutfor
scary mum

Re: how placement done in grammar school

Post by scary mum »

I'm not from your area, but have you had a look on the Bexley council website, or the school websites? all the information will be there. Also, this might be of some help: https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/schoo ... ey-11-plus" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
scary mum
PettswoodFiona

Post by PettswoodFiona »

Hello Lutforestry you’ve posted to the Nexley and Bromley forum but the systems are different for each region. They are also different depending on which school you are targeting and also if your child gets pupil premium (pp).

DD is at Newstead so I will start with that - any girl can sit the rest but allocations are then given only to those within the 9 mile radius, you can move into the radius after you get a score but before the change of address date. If you have a DD and they get in the top 350 and they are PP they qualify. If they are not PP but are in the radius it is then done in score, someone living closer with a higher score has no advantage over someone 8.9 miles away.

Olaves is score alone but there are two tests - a DS needs to pass the first test to move onto the second.

Bexley - if your child scores in the top 180 then they qualify regardless of where you live. Outside of the top 180 a pass mark is set and then over subscription criteria kick in like distance, siblings etc. The Bexley booklet outlines how far the schools have gone out on distance in recent years, but this year seems to have been very different and distances have been significantly less than previous years. You do not have to live in Bexley. I know children who were offered Chis n Sid from Petts Wood on offer day this year, but not Orpington.

You have to register for the tests - most are open now and now close soon for the tests this September for September 2019 admission.

You also have to put the schools on your Secondary Common Application Form (CAF) which is usually online and done from whichever Local Authority you reside in.
lutforestry

Post by lutforestry »

Thank you so much PettswoodFiona and scary mum for your time to make things clear.

Just to over-confirm myself, at the moment I am living Barking and Dagenham Borough in London. My intention is that my son will apply sit 11 plus test on September 2019 in Bexley area. Do I need to move now in the Bexley area to get priority such as oversubscribed (in case he falling behind top-score). When do I need to provide address to get priority.

Your help much appreciated.

best regards
Lutfor
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

I googled "Bexley school admissions" and found all the school admissions policies here:https://www.bexley.gov.uk/services/educ ... rangements
These should tell you cut off dates etc.
scary mum
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now