Newstead Wood - SE London?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

LocalMum213

Newstead Wood - SE London?

Post by LocalMum213 »

Hello all, DD’s starting NW this year, and I was wondering if anyone from SE London will be trekking to Newstead in September. I’m nearer Hither Green/Grove Park. Also, reminder the Parent’s Evening is this Tuesday.
bondgirl

Re: Newstead Wood - SE London?

Post by bondgirl »

I see lots of NW girls in the morning at Grove Park and Hither Green when I’m travelling to work in the opposite direction. I’m sure your DD will quickly make some train buddies when she starts.
PettswoodFiona

Post by PettswoodFiona »

DD is in Y8 and a number of her friends come in from that direction. DD is more local so gets the bus. I am sure after the girls have their familiarisation day they will find girls going in their direction. I would heartily recommend letting them get the train and not doing what one parent I know did and driving them for the first week ‘just in case’. They will make friends on the train who are outside their class and year group, this will more easily happen from day one rather than leaving it later. They will soon learn the carriage the NW girls get, at Petts Wood it seems to be about the third carriage from the front but that is a guess as I often see it at a glance or as I am going in the opposite direction.
kelly822

Post by kelly822 »

I'm in Lee area, dd also starts this September
LocalMum213 wrote:Hello all, DD’s starting NW this year, and I was wondering if anyone from SE London will be trekking to Newstead in September. I’m nearer Hither Green/Grove Park. Also, reminder the Parent’s Evening is this Tuesday.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now