Train travel to Chis & Sid from Lee / Mottingham

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
phina1

Train travel to Chis & Sid from Lee / Mottingham

Post by phina1 »

My DC is starting at Chis & Sid in September. At the time we chose the school, there were two direct trains from Lee & Mottingham to Sidcup quite close together in the mornings and it was my understanding, most kids got the slightly earlier train and then had the other train as a back-up.

Since the timetable shake-up, the earlier train no longer stops at Lee & Mottingham so it looks like options are to either go a lot earlier and train back to Hither Green and then change to go the other way to Sidcup or just take the later direct train (arrives 7.52am) and hope there are no delays / cancellations.Taking the direct train gives about a 35 minute total journey time for my DC (door to door). If we go for the earlier train, it only ups the journey to about 40 minutes, but would need to leave about 20 minutes earlier in the morning.

I was wondering what the existing cohort of kids are doing now? Are they mostly traveling back to HG or just getting the direct train? If the latter, is it proving reliable or is it causing problems with lateness etc?

Thanks in advance!
candy floss

Re: Train travel to Chis & Sid from Lee / Mottingham

Post by candy floss »

Hi phina1

My DS travels to Beths in the morning, and he gets the 7.41 from Hither Green, which I think is the train you are referring to, as it stops at Sidcup at 7.52. The majority of the time the service is excellent. Like any train service there will always be the odd morning that things do not go to plan, but I think in the two years he has been travelling on that line, I can probably count on one hand the number of times that he has encountered problems. Hope this helps.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now