Dealing with results?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Ungratefulbiped

Dealing with results?

Post by Ungratefulbiped »

I'm not from here and this is my first child so I had zero previous experience of the 11+. Now ds passed I don't know how to react. All of my mental prep was for a non pass. I don't want anyone at school to know and don't want anyone to feel hurt either. What's the done thing? If asked outright do you answer or just hide for a few days and hope the hysteria blows over?
PeppermintCreams

Re: Dealing with results?

Post by PeppermintCreams »

Ungratefulbiped wrote:I'm not from here and this is my first child so I had zero previous experience of the 11+. Now ds passed I don't know how to react. All of my mental prep was for a non pass. I don't want anyone at school to know and don't want anyone to feel hurt either. What's the done thing? If asked outright do you answer or just hide for a few days and hope the hysteria blows over?
I'm not plastering it all over faceache, but if someone asks I will tell them. I will also joyfully tell my work colleagues and relatives. Other families at school I will be more cautious with as I don't want to hurt anyone unnecessarily. There are lots of amazing children out there who did not pass.
Ungratefulbiped

Re: Dealing with results?

Post by Ungratefulbiped »

Haha! Thanks for keeping me sane today. X
My mother has plastered it on her fb but she's in the USA and they don't understand so I'll let her get on with her grandma pride.
I saw an upset parent at school and kept my head down and ran outta there. The children are going to quiz each other tomorrow no doubt.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now