Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
georgex

Post by georgex »

Fingers crossed for the waiting list.
Is the score out of 250?
Orpington Dad

Post by Orpington Dad »

Have to say I didn't read the marks out of part of the letter Georgex to be honest. Was cursing a little too much about how close she got to the cut off :roll:

Normally I would think there would be a fair chance of her getting a place with a few of the successful ones deciding to go the private route instead. But with the way things are economically at the moment I think those possibles will snap up NW's offer :roll:
jonnie303

Post by jonnie303 »

We received our daughters marks back from the Newstead test yesterday. The cut off was 222 and my daughter got 220.

I thought missing out by only 2 points would put us in with a fair chance of being offered a place but we are 20th on the list to be offered a place
Does that imply, then, that 19 girls scored 221? Are all girls with the same score ranked equal on the waiting list, or is there a tie-break criterion, such as proximity?

Good luck, OD, with the waiting list.
Orpington Dad

Post by Orpington Dad »

There are at least 19 other children who scored either 220 or 221. The tie breaker is their VR score
Orpington Dad

Post by Orpington Dad »

Do you have a child on the waiting list too Johnnie?
jonnie303

Post by jonnie303 »

OD, I'm in the fortunate position that my daughter was lucky enough to be offered a place already, but another girl I know has unfortunately just missed out too.

I don't want to raise any hopes unduly, but a few years ago my elder daughter managed to get in from the waiting list after being 3 marks below the cut-off. (I don't remember how many girls were above her on the list, though.)

Wishing you all the very best for a successful outcome.
Stripyem

Newstead Wood

Post by Stripyem »

I think this year especially that the pass rate is probably higher as 8 girls in my daughters class took the exam and mine is the only one that got an offer - but I do not know what she scored as they don't tell you. My duaghter was also the only one in her class to get in the top 180 in Bexley although a couple of others did pass, and despite the fact we are out of borough being in Blackheath SE3, two girls got Townley and two got Bexley Grammar. We never had a tutor, only practised Bonds papers for timing and to be familiar with VR NVR. I would say to the person with a child in year 3 that it is hard to tell but if she is excelling now then you will stand a good chance. You can get Bonds books from age 8 so you could try them - I find the 10 minute test books are good as they can just do one now and again and its not too much pressure - that is what I'm doing with my son who's in year 4 now. Will have to go through it all again in two years with a whole new lot of schools and test. ARGH!!!
georgex

Post by georgex »

As we don't know the score if your child passes, if your child has passed when receiving the letter from the School it has a number then your childs name for eg JO31 could this mean maybe she has taken the 31st place? Has anyone got a number larger than 130?
WesterhamMum

Post by WesterhamMum »

I do not think this can be the case.

1. My daughter has the number J331 and yet she was told that her score would have got her a place had she chosen it first.

2. This is the number she was allocated when we registered her to take the exam. It was on the letter that she took with her when she did the test.

I guess we will never know! :wink:
georgex

Post by georgex »

Thanks that makes sense we handed in our application form on the very 1st day so would have a low number.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now