About CAF Listing

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
SweetMemory15

About CAF Listing

Post by SweetMemory15 »

Need some advise in CAF listing , if my DD passed all 11+ test but not a guaranteed place
But all the grammar school we are considering are just about 2 to 4 miles the max away from these schools with a considerably good pass marks , Will i still need to put a comprehensive school on my list?
Tinkers

Re: About CAF Listing

Post by Tinkers »

Unless you are very sure you will get one of the grammars you intend to list, the safest option is always to put down a School that you are happy with and that you very confident you would get a place. This is usually (but not always) your local catchment School.

Otherwise you could risk getting allocated a school you really don’t want and it could be miles away.
PeppermintCreams

Post by PeppermintCreams »

Definitely put down a local comprehensive that you would be happy for your child to attend in a worst case scenario, otherwise you might end up being allocated a school that has spaces for a good reason!
PettswoodFiona

Post by PettswoodFiona »

In some parts of Bromley though you are in a black zone for a comprehensive, there is no such thing as the local comprehensive. Our nearest comp is 1.4 miles away, it is not however one our DD would have got into. Three years ago we put all grammars on the form but we knew DDs scores for Kent and Newstead so could feel fairly confident. Some people for Sep 18 entry got burnt as they assumed they’d get Townley but the distance places dropped dramatically and they were stuck without a place. If relying on distance do be careful.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

SweetMemory15 wrote:Need some advise in CAF listing , if my DD passed all 11+ test but not a guaranteed place
But all the grammar school we are considering are just about 2 to 4 miles the max away from these schools with a considerably good pass marks , Will i still need to put a comprehensive school on my list?
In the London area, there are an awful lot of people in the difference between a two mile radius of a school and a four mile radius. And for Bexley, unless your DD has a top180 score - which I'm guessing she doesn't, otherwise you would know that she is guaranteed a place at the Bexley grammar school of her choice - the score is irrelevant but the distance very relevant. If you only name grammar schools on your CAF (or any other schools for which your DD may not qualify) and she doesn't get in, your LA will offer a place at the nearest school with vacancies, which may be miles away and/or one that you really don't want, even if there is a school which you might not have minded closer to home.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx