Go to navigation
It is currently Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:23 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: need help bexley exam
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:58 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:45 pm
Posts: 7
Dear all
I am new to this forum.
any chance to get a place.
my child has scored
BEXLEY score
VR 225.04
NVR 203.63
NR 226.68
Total age standardised score 220 SELECTIVE
She is 10 Y 7M
I have requested for raw scores and ranking hope so will get by Monday.
I live in barking and dagenham RM8
ATM I am confused have no idea what to do,
please suggest
regards


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:11 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed May 09, 2018 8:26 pm
Posts: 34
As 220 is not a top 180 score, the offer of one of the Bexley grammar schools will be on distance from the school.
None of the schools have offered that far away.
You can move before 1 December.
Here's the distances offered the past few years

https://www.bexley.gov.uk/sites/default ... 2019_0.pdf

Did you intend to move to the area when you put your child in for the test?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:34 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:45 pm
Posts: 7
Ungratefulbiped wrote:
As 220 is not a top 180 score, the offer of one of the Bexley grammar schools will be on distance from the school.
None of the schools have offered that far away.
You can move before 1 December.
Here's the distances offered the past few years

https://www.bexley.gov.uk/sites/default ... 2019_0.pdf

Did you intend to move to the area when you put your child in for the test?


thanks for reply,
intened to move,


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:56 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:24 pm
Posts: 1144
Location: Petts Wood, Bromley, Kent
Then you would need to do this by the last change of address notification date. In my borough that is first week of Dec. You may also need to prove you’ve cut ties with previous property. Check with the LA that you will be submitting your CAF with and also Bexley as their last dates for change of address may be different.

You will then also need to work out what to do about a primary school place once moved...

Or pick a school near you that you will qualify for and avoid the hassle.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:45 pm
Posts: 7
PettswoodFiona wrote:
Then you would need to do this by the last change of address notification date. In my borough that is first week of Dec. You may also need to prove you’ve cut ties with previous property. Check with the LA that you will be submitting your CAF with and also Bexley as their last dates for change of address may be different.

You will then also need to work out what to do about a primary school place once moved...

Or pick a school near you that you will qualify for and avoid the hassle.



very helpful GEMS,
regards


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:29 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:45 pm
Posts: 7
jmadan215 wrote:
PettswoodFiona wrote:
Then you would need to do this by the last change of address notification date. In my borough that is first week of Dec. You may also need to prove you’ve cut ties with previous property. Check with the LA that you will be submitting your CAF with and also Bexley as their last dates for change of address may be different.

You will then also need to work out what to do about a primary school place once moved...

Or pick a school near you that you will qualify for and avoid the hassle.



very helpful GEMS,
regards



in this score please suggest in which school probability will be more to get admission for my child.
and one more question how school will give admission? I mean the criteria of admission after out of top 180, the priority is given to those who got more scores or who got pass (less) marks but living near to school.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:50 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:24 pm
Posts: 1144
Location: Petts Wood, Bromley, Kent
It depends where you move to. As someone has posted above, read the Bexley Bookle they link to. If outside the top 180 it goes on distance - as you must know as you said you were planning to relocate. The Bexley Booklet gives distances offered in recent years. Some schools have distances of just a few miles, these coils of course decrease or increase depending on birth year, bulge classes and many other factors, so can be treated as a guide but no more than that. Don’t just pick any grammar as it is a grammar, if you are planning to relocate which one did you like most when you visited and seemed the best fit for your child - and move close to that one, but compare first to what is on offer nearby.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:34 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:44 pm
Posts: 60
Location: London Borough of Bexley
Personally, I don't think I would be moving my children to the other side of the river just to attend a grammar school. However, if you are seriously considering it, and have the funds and means to be moved in by the 1st December, as mentioned above, and have the evidence that Bexley Council will require by that date, then look at Townley Grammar school first. This has the largest "catchment area" for Bexley so if you are actually living in Bexley borough you might get a place there. However 2007/8 is a high birth rate year so you might still be unlucky. Some areas of Bexley Borough are also lucky to occasionally fall into the "catchment" of Wilmington Girls Grammar, which is a Kent school. But again, each year is different and it's a high birth rate year. You will not walk into a primary school place either. You might need to home school for a while, until a yea 6 place comes up. There isn't much movement in year 6 due to SATS and parents not wanting to move kids during their final year with friends.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:39 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat May 27, 2017 7:14 pm
Posts: 36
Location: Chislehurst
If your DC is "Selective" in the Bexley 11+, then you have the option of any one of Bexley, Beth's, Chis&Sid & Townley Grammar.
If they were also in Top 180, then you'd not HAVE to move nearer, but may have decided that's best to reduce the daily journey.
If not in Top 180, then you will be out of catchment and unless eligible for Pupil Premium / Free school meals which have higher preference, you would not get a space.
However, if you moved within the catchment of your favourite Bexley school in the next couple of months, then you are guaranteed a space as you can select where you move to be near the school of choice.
In my DD's year, I am aware of at least one child who is commuting daily by car from North London (presumably Top 180), and aware of another child who moved from North London to be in catchment and registered at a local private prep for the remainder of year 6.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Ka_tin, kaykay, Michelletinapope, xnataliax and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
CALL 020 8204 5060
   
Privacy Policy | Refund Policy | Disclaimer | Copyright © 2004 – 2018