Newstead Results 2018

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
bluesea

Re: Newstead Results 2018

Post by bluesea »

636 applied for 2018 entry, ie, put it on their CAF according to the LBB "Applying for a school place 2019 booklet".

This gives you some idea of how many drop out after taking the test and getting the result. A similar number applied the year before.
PettswoodFiona

Post by PettswoodFiona »

Hi BellaW, no need to apologise, it is just some parents reading this won't realise about there not being a 'pass' as such and it can cause confusion. Good luck to your DD it sounds like a great score.

Apprentice where did you get your figures of 1,200 who sat the test as that would 20% above recent years where past admissions guidance have referred to figures just under the 1,000?
apprentice

Post by apprentice »

PettswoodFiona wrote: Apprentice where did you get your figures of 1,200 who sat the test as that would 20% above recent years where past admissions guidance have referred to figures just under the 1,000?
I know that the previous year, around 1,000 children sat the test. I was also told that, with over 1,200 children sitting this year, it was the record-high figure for Newstead. I won't reveal the source but check back the admission guidance next year to verify it.
PettswoodFiona

Post by PettswoodFiona »

apprentice wrote:
PettswoodFiona wrote: Apprentice where did you get your figures of 1,200 who sat the test as that would 20% above recent years where past admissions guidance have referred to figures just under the 1,000?
I know that the previous year, around 1,000 children sat the test. I was also told that, with over 1,200 children sitting this year, it was the record-high figure for Newstead. I won't reveal the source but check back the admission guidance next year to verify it.
Thanks Apprentice, I know parents who have volunteered in past years and they didn't know the numbers but said it didn't seem much different from previous years and they didn't put on an extra session so I was wondering where the extra 200 had come from. It would have involved a lot of extra classrooms and invigilators as NW prefer a more cosy style rather than a big single hall. As you say it will be interesting to see what the admissions materials say next year. Maybe the cosy style helps mask the bigger numbers. We also have to remember that far more register than actually sit the test. Over 74 registered for the test but didn't actually sit it last year.

In the 2017/18 admission procedure they state "There were 1015 applications in 2015 and 947 sat the test"
In the 2018/19 admission procedure they state "There were 1068 applications in 2016 and 999 sat the test"
In the 2019/20 admission procedure they state "There were 1070 applications in 2017 and 996 sat the test"
apprentice

Post by apprentice »

PettswoodFiona wrote: We also have to remember that far more register than actually sit the test. Over 74 registered for the test but didn't actually sit it last year.
Valid point. The figure I got was before the test date. So, I assume it is the number of the children registered for the test rather than those who actually sat in Sept and will have sat in Jan.
Grey824

Post by Grey824 »

BellaW wrote:Hi, my DD got 224. I was really happy as we didn't tutor but my friend said this is probably a waiting list score as cut-off scores go up each year. I guess we have to wait and see. Proud regardless :D
Hi, 222 was the score which received an offer on offer day last year and then went down to 220 in the later round offers. Historically 224 and above is likely to get an offer on 1st March. Things are never certain until that letter comes through of course.
SweetMemory15

Post by SweetMemory15 »

Grey824 wrote:
BellaW wrote:Hi, my DD got 224. I was really happy as we didn't tutor but my friend said this is probably a waiting list score as cut-off scores go up each year. I guess we have to wait and see. Proud regardless :D
Hi, 222 was the score which received an offer on offer day last year and then went down to 220 in the later round offers. Historically 224 and above is likely to get an offer on 1st March. Things are never certain until that letter comes through of course.
How was your dd. Di they offered the Newstead?