Newstead Results 2018

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Ritah

Re: Newstead Results 2018

Post by Ritah »

Hi PettswoodFion,
I am in the same boat as Sobz70 ,but since this is my first time i am not sure how or who i can approach for a remarking . Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Ritah

Post by Ritah »

sobz70 wrote:Unfortunately my DD didn't make it. Feeling really bad now as her sister is at NW. I cannot believe it as her GL papers she was getting over 90%. There must be a big error. Has anyone had the papers remarked? or appealed successfully?

Hi Sobz70
Sorry to hear abt DD's result i feel your pain as i am in the same situation :(
Fiedi

Post by Fiedi »

Ritah wrote:
sobz70 wrote:Unfortunately my DD didn't make it. Feeling really bad now as her sister is at NW. I cannot believe it as her GL papers she was getting over 90%. There must be a big error. Has anyone had the papers remarked? or appealed successfully?

Hi Sobz70

It's worth a shot at remarking but it's multiple choice???
Fiedi

Post by Fiedi »

I am clutching at straws here, but is there any point in putting Newstead down on the CAF with a score of 212?
Ritah

Post by Ritah »

Fiedi wrote:
Ritah wrote:

Hi Sobz70

It's worth a shot at remarking but it's multiple choice???
Hi Fiedi,
Yes it is multiple choice but somehome both DD and myself believe there is some mistake somewhere in the marking of her paper . She was scoring nearly full marks on her practice papers and said that she was confident about her result . She even had time to go thru her answers .
apprentice

Post by apprentice »

Fiedi wrote:I am clutching at straws here, but is there any point in putting Newstead down on the CAF with a score of 212?
If you don't put it down, you won't get in - 100%.
If you put it down, there is a mathematical probability of the cut-off going below the historical cut-off.
If you don't mind wasting one choice out of 6 on the form, I don't see any harm putting it down.
BellaW

Post by BellaW »

Hi, my DD got 224. I was really happy as we didn't tutor but my friend said this is probably a waiting list score as cut-off scores go up each year. I guess we have to wait and see. Proud regardless :D
Fiedi

Post by Fiedi »

apprentice wrote:
Fiedi wrote:I am clutching at straws here, but is there any point in putting Newstead down on the CAF with a score of 212?
If you put it down, there is a mathematical probability of the cut-off going below the historical cut-off.
If you don't mind wasting one choice out of 6 on the form, I don't see any harm putting it down.

I suppose what I am asking is historically what has it gone down to over the years?
PettswoodFiona

Post by PettswoodFiona »

Fiedi wrote:
apprentice wrote:

I suppose what I am asking is historically what has it gone down to over the years?
The letter you get will say what it has gone down to in recent years, I have also posted up thread. 215 was a historical low for Sep 2016 intake. Last year the intake was 222 on offer day which went down to 220 later on. As I posted earlier there is always the chance it will go lower, the Sep 2016 intake low score took a lot of people by surprise as the letter that year said lowest score had been 218 and some hadn't put it on their CAF as a result.
PettswoodFiona

Post by PettswoodFiona »

For those looking for advice about remarking then I just searched the forum and found the post by FlowerPink18 about getting her DD's paper remarked so she will be most knowledgeable about it and if she has stuck around I hope she might be able to advise some of you, but even if not then she didn't have anyone on the forum to ask as remarks hadn't been discussed before to my knowledge so she contacted the school so that route is probably the best one. https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum ... ed#p672046" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Good luck!