Chis & Sid

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
SweetMemory15

Re: Chis & Sid

Post by SweetMemory15 »

My dd got chis and sid as her 2nd choice. Hopefully she can cope up well . We are only 7 miles from school as we lived in Orpington.
Any one here whose DD are aleady studying in Chis and Sid. What do we expect for?
Sorrel

Post by Sorrel »

SweetMemory15 wrote:My dd got chis and sid as her 2nd choice. Hopefully she can cope up well . We are only 7 miles from school as we lived in Orpington.
Any one here whose DD are aleady studying in Chis and Sid. What do we expect for?
Congratulations! Did she score in the top 180 or has Chis and Sid come out much further this year?
SweetMemory15

Post by SweetMemory15 »

Sorrel wrote:
SweetMemory15 wrote:My dd got chis and sid as her 2nd choice. Hopefully she can cope up well . We are only 7 miles from school as we lived in Orpington.
Congratulations! Did she score in the top 180 or has Chis and Sid come out much further this year?
Her score is 233. Sorry we are only 6 miles
Sorrel

Post by Sorrel »

SweetMemory15 wrote:
Sorrel wrote:
Her score is 233. Sorry we are only 6 miles
Wow, another big swing in C&S! It went from 5.1 in 2017 first round to about 3.8 last year, when a lot of people were disappointed.
Cherryblossom33

Post by Cherryblossom33 »

We are 4.5miles away and got an offer from C&S. It was a total happy surprise! We thought we had to wait till after the summer, honestly didn't expect this outcome at all, as it was supposed to be a bulge year and an unprecedented number of children took the exam. I would very much like to know why the distance has gone further this year as opposed to being smaller. Just wondering if there were fewer children in Bexley passed the exam?
as2

Post by as2 »

Bexley council have confirmed that C&S went out 5.114 miles, straight line measurement. I emailed them to ask. Despite this year being a really high birth rate year, Bexley Council didn't pass that many more children than last year, perhaps 20/30 or so, I can't remember so this wouldn't have had a huge impact on numbers really. I suspect they've gone out further this year for various reasons, BGS had an extra class, Townley is popular following its exposure on the TV, and perhaps less local kids passed - I know that pass rates were down in local Bexley schools compared with previous years.
Cherryblossom33

Post by Cherryblossom33 »

Thank you very much for sharing the info as2!
StressyDad

Post by StressyDad »

Just a reminder that there is a Chis & Sid starters thread on this forum if anyone wants. Don't be shy! :)
Miss Shortlands

Post by Miss Shortlands »

After being offered our 6th choice on 1 March, we were lucky enough to be offered a place at Chis and Sids yesterday (6 April). We received a letter from Bromley Council. It was our first choice. We don’t know what position we were, but at least the list is moving!
StressyDad

Post by StressyDad »

Congrats on being offered Chis and Sid! I’ll PM you my details.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now