Experience of Newstead Woods

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
bluesea

Re: Experience of Newstead Woods

Post by bluesea »

Yes, whatspp very useful for children discussing homework. Saved us a few times in this house when forgotten to bring it home.

You mentioned Townley as well as NW. What other schools are you trying for Advice 2018? If you live too far from Townley have you considered Darrick Wood, near NW? I've heard good things about DW, although the all brown uniform is a little painful!
loobylou

Post by loobylou »

What's App is so useful for so many things.
Forgotten homework can be photographed and sent so easily.
Also it's much better for ensuring people aren't left out of group discussions... It can get out of hand (my children quickly learned to mute entire class groups as they were full of inane chatter in year 7) but, used sensibly, is a brilliant app.
Advice2018

Post by Advice2018 »

Hi I was just looking at newstead website and saw they’ve appointed a school business manager which is a new post. On the last newsletter on website it says he’s working with the estates team over Easter. Do any newstead parents know why this new post was created? Sounds like a good thing to mr though to have someone responsible for the non academic sides of a school infrastructure.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now