St Olaves waiting list

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

kumi

St Olaves waiting list

Post by kumi »

How can we get information about waiting list?
Thanks
salsa

Re: St Olaves waiting list

Post by salsa »

kumi wrote:How can we get information about waiting list?
Thanks
Hi,

You’ll need to contact the school directly.

admissions@saintolaves.net

Salsa
Novice mum

Post by Novice mum »

Hi ,
Can anyone tell me historically roughly how far down the waiting list does St Olaves go ?
I know it's a bit like asking how long is a piece of string. But if there is anyone out there who has a rough idea can you please post.
That said I have no idea here my son features on the WL and won't find out until next month.
Thank you .
fleurdelacourt

Post by fleurdelacourt »

when ds went through this the school were v good. The admissions lady didn't give a waitlist position but was able to give a good steer on how likely it was that your ds would get a waitlist spot.
Novice mum

Post by Novice mum »

Thanks Fleurdelacourt,
Emailed st Olaves admissions yesterday they weren't very forthcoming . Just said to check in a month to find out waiting list position.
I had asked for his ranking according to the 2 set exam results which I thought they would have been able to give me but unfortunately no.
Also rang them later and the lady I was talking to was very pleasant and said there is a small chance he could be offered but later in the process.
So hence why I wanted to know how far down the waiting list went in previous years as I have a rough idea in my mind where he is according to ranking... Reading between the lines with the admissions lady at st Olaves.
So if anyone out there has any idea that would be great.
Also had read here some where in this forum( can't find it now )... That so many kids I think approx 50 ? could be offered st Olaves and decline and go elsewhere .. Freeing up spots .
salsa

Post by salsa »

As far as I know, St Olave’s do not reveal anything about their rankings or waiting list positions. They haven’t in the last few years anyway.

Salsa
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

salsa wrote:As far as I know, St Olave’s do not reveal anything about their rankings or waiting list positions. They haven’t in the last few years anyway.

Salsa
Please tell me you don't mean that it is not possible to find out where you are no the waiting list? The school or LA on its behalf has to maintain a waiting list in oversubscription criteria order until at least the end of ve autumn term; after that, they can dissolve ve waiting list and just keep a CI list.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
salsa

Post by salsa »

Others can come along to clarify this issue, as we didn't apply for this school, but from reading the forum, it seems that people are not given a position on the waiting list. Am I right?

Salsa
salsa

Post by salsa »

This thread is old, but it does seem that they have a second round mid April.

https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum ... hp?t=42050" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Salsa
thickasabrick

Post by thickasabrick »

From my own experience I believe they tell what ranking you are on the waiting list if you come close to getting an offer.

If you are below what usually is their final cutoff - they will tell you 'unlikely'.

Everyone else will be told 'there might be a chance'.

I have a feeling there will be a large number of top scorers opting for indies this year instead.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now