Newstead Wood- anyonehopeful Greenwich/BlackheathStandard?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
StandardMum

Newstead Wood- anyonehopeful Greenwich/BlackheathStandard?

Post by StandardMum »

Hi, I've read this Forum a lot in the last 2 years and found views and information on here very helpful and comforting. My DD has done fairly well in NW exam and we've put it first on the CAF. However it's a long way from Greenwich/ Blackheath area where we live , and now I'm worrying whether there are likely to be many other Year 7s attending from our area who she could befriend.If you're out there and you've got a DD whose score for NW is likely to mean she will get a place and you've put it on your CAF AND you live in Greenwich/ Blackheath/ Blackheath Standard area could you give an online wave in the hope of future friendship? It would be reassuring!!
Thank you.
fairymum

Re: Newstead Wood- anyonehopeful Greenwich/BlackheathStandar

Post by fairymum »

Hi StandardMum,

Giving you a warm wave. We also in the same boat. We live near the Standard and put NW as first choice.
:-)
drop179

Post by drop179 »

Warm waves to both of you Standardmum and fairymum :)
StandardMum

Post by StandardMum »

Ooh this is looking very promising !!! How fantastic....I think we'd better remain under cover until March when all is revealed in the offers, but fingers crossed for all of us and lots of future fun and friends. If either of you don't already know, there is a minibus which goes from the Standard to NW morning 7.30am and returns at 4.30pm in the evening and you can put your daughter's name down for it now, there's no deposit to pay and if you don't take the bus place there's no penalty. I've been told there can be a waiting list for the minibus places :D
sobz70

Post by sobz70 »

Hi everyone! My daughter is in year 8 at NW and loves it! She gets Lewis coaches which stops at blackheath standard too. Goodluck for allocation day!
grgygirl

Post by grgygirl »

Bromley minicoaches run a bus from the Standard leaving at 7.30am back at 4.30pm. It takes about 40 minutes and is very reliable. The price varies but it’s about £440-£500 retur percterm. There were several Yr 7 girls on it this Sept. The communication is also good. I think Lewis coaches take a longer route?
StandardMum

Post by StandardMum »

Hi there Fairymum, I'm about to pm you. In response to you and apologies for my delay....
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now