Changes to admission procedure 2020 Newstead

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Advice2018

Re: Changes to admission procedure 2020 Newstead

Post by Advice2018 »

Thanks Bluesea, I didn’t realise that they changed 6 th form criterion too. Maybe they just
Generally reviewed admissions? The wording just saying top 350 was ambiguous maybe they rewrote it to clarify that they are still selective and only someone who gets 210 and above can be admitted even if they are on pupil premium.
I looked at governors minutes and the last minutes on website are from September 18 but it says at end of those minutes that there would be a meeting in November and one in
December but there are no minutes for these.
I really hope that the cut off scores don’t go up dramatically. Initiallly I was unsure about the school as I’d heard negative things but the more I’ve read the more I’d love my daughter to go there......unless anyone else has any negatives for me!
bluesea

Re: Changes to admission procedure 2020 Newstead

Post by bluesea »

"3.2.2 Girls whose permanent place of residence is within a 9-mile radius of the
school who are in receipt of Pupil Premium or Service Premium**, at the
time of application to sit the test, whose score in the selection test is higher
than or equal to the required standard."

Sounds as though there were too many lower scores for PP/SP in the top 350 last year. They have 160 places and the top 350 could easily go lower than a score of 210. By making the required standard 210 they can limit how many lower score candidates they take, then fill up with the non PP/SP from the highest result down.

This is the second year the admissions policy has been changed. I hope this one is final as it can be confusing for parents.

I hope too they change the admissions test. It's a very tired format. I wonder how fresh each paper is?