Newstead Wood January Selection test

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

apprentice

Newstead Wood January Selection test

Post by apprentice »

For those whose DDs sat the January selection test a couple of weeks ago, how did it go?
fleurdelacourt

Re: Newstead Wood January Selection test

Post by fleurdelacourt »

think the test is October time like all the other local grammar tests? There is a thread somewhere if you scroll back.
apprentice

Post by apprentice »

The main test is in September. However, the school has another smaller test in January. A child I know has sat this January.
When I talked to the parents, they hadn't received the result yet.
I was wondering how the children who sat the January test feel about the it as they had a few more months to prepare, which could be an advantage or a disadvantage depending on the children.
really05

Post by really05 »

around 20 took the test in January. DDs scores would have been adjusted to take account of age. Therefore, any advantage they would have had in September would be calculated from the day they took the test in January.
Last edited by really05 on Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bluesea

Post by bluesea »

Would not the Jan test be only for those who were ill in Sept? Can't be for late applications. If you miss the application deadline for the test, you miss the deadline and won't be able to take it. As with the Bexley test, there is a deadline you must not miss.
really05

Post by really05 »

Yes sorry for children who were ill on the day if the test in September. Approximately 20 took the test.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

really05 wrote:Yes sorry for children who were ill on the day if the test in September. Approximately 20 took the test.
It seems rather mean to make them wait until so long after the CAF deadline? Or after the deadline at all, if the main sitting was more than a month before it.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
apprentice

Post by apprentice »

bluesea wrote:Would not the Jan test be only for those who were ill in Sept? Can't be for late applications. If you miss the application deadline for the test, you miss the deadline and won't be able to take it. As with the Bexley test, there is a deadline you must not miss.
Late applications sat the test in January. I know it for a fact.
Motherhubbard

Post by Motherhubbard »

What is a “late application “ that would qualify for January test? I mean, how late can you send in an application. I have heard of people saying they can send in an application still now - after the results from September sitting are out?
Is that right?
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

Late applications usually exist where, for example, someone has moved into the area very late on, because of work maybe. Or it could be someone that was very ill at the original test (possibly), or someone who hadn't considered applying for some other reason. Late applications are usually only considered for admissions after the initial rounds in March so there may not actually be any places available but a late applicant can join the waiting list at the position they should be according to the school's publicshed admissions criteria.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now