Townley distance

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
sobz70

Townley distance

Post by sobz70 »

The last distance offered by Townley this year is 5.88 miles.
Catchment area is getting smaller and smaller every year!
Watch&wait

Re: Townley distance

Post by Watch&wait »

Given that BGS and Chis n Sid are reportedly further out than previous, do to think it could be the telly factor?! Not a helpful comment I know, but just wonder why Townley bucking the trend, based only on what people are reporting on here.
delasota

Post by delasota »

We know of a family 6.2 miles (Google map road directions) from TGS that was offered a place this year. Catchment for all grammar schools seems wider this year.

No one outside top 180, or siblings got a place in last year’s year 6 in our out of borough primary school. This year at least 10 Grammar places, half of which were (catchmentless) super selectives, or parents having moved to be in catchment, or siblings, leaving five that I know of having gained places well beyond last year’s final offered distances for C&S, BETHS and TGS.

All came as a (nice) shock to all concerned. Hope everyone out there is also having similar good news.
zcacmxi

Post by zcacmxi »

delasota wrote:We know of a family 6.2 miles (Google map road directions) from TGS that was offered a place this year.
Townley use "safe walking distance", not Google road. Usually the walking distance is less.

Those living further out may still gain offers due to the other higher categories; siblings, pupil premium, etc.
thickasabrick

Post by thickasabrick »

They do not use walking distance - please see me rant half way down page 7 of last year's Townley thread with a detailed explanation.

https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum ... sh#p664747" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
zcacmxi

Post by zcacmxi »

So neither google, nor walking route.

Distance between postcodes given from freemaptool.com

Top 180, Siblings, pupil premium, children of staff still can be outside the geographic catchment.
Pixie123

Post by Pixie123 »

Hi,
My Daughter has been offered a place from the waiting list and we are over 6 miles out.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now