Travelling from Longfield to Beths ?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

bhoni

Travelling from Longfield to Beths ?

Post by bhoni »

Could I please check if anyone knows any children who travel from Longfield to Beths Grammar?
PettswoodFiona

Re: Travelling from Longfield to Beths ?

Post by PettswoodFiona »

bhoni wrote:Could I please check if anyone knows any children who travel from Longfield to Beths Grammar?
Surely it would only be those who scored in the top 180 would be able to even consider from that sort of distance, or has the distance increased so much this year? I see Beths went out to 8 miles but that was 4 years ago, more recently it has been 6.5 miles or thereabouts which wouldn't cover Longfield.

Dartford grammar or another Kent grammar would surely have better transport connections for Longfield? Add to that that many in the top 180 choose other schools, independents etc so reducing those who might have a similar profile to a very small number. There is no direct train either and the journey that is possible by public transport is awkward and long, so it would involve a car journey on exceptionally busy roads which may not be far in distance but will take an age in rush-hour traffic.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

This is sort of the point at which someone pops up to ask (in all innocence), 'Did you check out the journey before you applied for the place?'...

However...

https://clarkescoaches.co.uk/commuter-s ... tes-times/

The New Ash Green service works, if you don't mind twiddling your thumbs in Bexley for a nearly two hours at the end of the school day? Hall Place Gardens are lovely.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Taraific

Post by Taraific »

If you can get him to either Bluewater or Greenhithe station the journey would be more feasible.

Alternatively, if your willing to drive him. I do this journey every single work/school day (albeit I use the junction after Beths and get on the one before you at Ebbsfleet) and it can take anything from 20-50 mins depending on the day of the week (kid you not!) This week for example typically took around 30-40mins. But today, Friday, took just 18mins.

In my opinion, I don't think its that bad of a journey. Or maybe, I'm just use to it now. :lol:
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now