Newstead Wood NVR Sample paper help please

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

successforu

Newstead Wood NVR Sample paper help please

Post by successforu »

Hi,

I got the sample paper for VR and NVR from Newstead wood School.

I am struggling to understand the question no. 2, 5 and 7 from Non Verbal section 1.

can you please help me find the strategy?

Answers for question 2 is: e, 5 is a and 7 is E.

Many thanks
Mintan

Re: Newstead Wood NVR Sample paper help please

Post by Mintan »

Sorry cannot help with answers as we haven't seen the sample paper.
Did you receive it along with the acknowledgement in receipt of application?
successforu

Post by successforu »

I received the sample paper from the school few months back. I am not sure how to upload image here. Can you help please?
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

See the FAQs, info on posting pictures in the top section.
https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum ... faq.php#a1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NetsofCubes

Post by NetsofCubes »

Hi,

DD and I think we can help.

Q2: Step 1 - Look at the middle line. This goes in a pattern - bottom curves right, bottom is straight, bottom curves left. The answer will have the bottom curving right. This rules out a, b, d - leaving c & e.
Step 2 - Look at the X. This rotates around the corners of the square. The trick here is to see that on the fourth square, the X goes inside the circle. The answer will therefore have the X on the top right - making the answer e.
Step 3 - Confirm this by looking at the circle. This goes in the pattern: blank, horizontal line, cross. Again, the trick is to see that on the fourth square, the circle is blank - it only appears to be filled because the X has moved into it. The circle in the answer should therefore have a horizontal line in it. E fits this.

Q5: Step 1 - Look at the shading. No fill, black, striped. The answer will therefore be black - a, c and e.
Step 2 - Look at the tails. No tail, one tail, two tails. The answer will therefore have one tail - a and e.
Step 3 - Look at the position. The alternate shapes stay in the same position. This means that the answer will be a.

Q7: Step 1 - Look at the number of legs. These go in sets of two. There have been two 5s, and so the answer will have 4 legs. This leaves a and e.
Step 2 - Look at the direction the legs are facing. These alternate - facing right, facing left. The answer therefore needs to face left, so is e.

Hope this helps - have fun! :lol:
successforu

Post by successforu »

Thank you so much NetsofCubes. That was really helpful.

I had one more question re the Verbal reasoning Sample Paper. Question 8, 9, 18, 19 and 20. Do you know how can we explain these in a simple manner? My daughter is finding little hard to get hang of how to solve such questions.

Many thanks
xx
Annao8

Post by Annao8 »

Hi, can anyone help with a NVR question in newsteadwood sample paper
Its section B-question 6.
Answer is b
Thanks in advanceImage
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now