Unfinished paper

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Poplol

Unfinished paper

Post by Poplol »

Anybody had an experience of child not finishing exam but still passing. Can you please tell me how many questions your child did not attempt
scary mum

Re: Unfinished paper

Post by scary mum »

I think this will vary by area. Maybe post in the area your DC took the exam, or let me know & I can move this post.
scary mum
Poplol

Post by Poplol »

It was Bexley. Guess I will find out tomorrow but it would still be reassuring from others point of view. Thx
Sorrel

Post by Sorrel »

It seems to be very common on the Bexley test as it's deliberately time pressured, and as people have said on other threads, it all depends how many they and others got right. Not long to wait now - best of luck.
PettswoodFiona

Post by PettswoodFiona »

A few years ago DD missed out 7 questions in the Kent maths test and didn’t even guess the answers - we were convinced she must have failed but she hadn’t. She actually did quite well and judging by her score she must have got every other maths question right and did well enough to get a high score. The next year they cut down in the total number of maths questions as loads of test takers were in the same position.

I hear this happens a lot, but bear in mind accuracy over volume sometimes wins the day. Better to have ten right answers than 17 answered but only five right due to rushing. She learnt her lesson for Bexley but still didn’t finish and missed out about four questions on each paper but did then just put down random answers for some of the last questions and ended up being her best test scoring just a few points below the top 180. Saying all that DD didn’t end up at either a Bexley or Kent school but is now very happy at Newstead.

Good luck for tomorrow!
thickasabrick

Post by thickasabrick »

DC did not manage to finish a single section in Bexley test and still managed to get a good pass.
fayecoco

Post by fayecoco »

DD didn’t have time to finish NVR in Bexley exams this year, she guessed four answers. DD was still quite confident and optimistic about the result when she came out. She was RIGHT, DD scored 255 and is one of the top 180. So happy for her!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now