St. Olave's Grammar School

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Hardikshah

St. Olave's Grammar School

Post by Hardikshah »

Hello,

I am confused with St. Olave's grammar school second test date. It is in November 2019 and CAF deadline is 31st Oct 2019.

My son has applied few other test and he achieved enough scores to apply for few school. I need make difficult decision to sort out which 4 schools I need to put as preference. My son loved St. Olave's and his first test went well too but only based on fist test score it will be a risk to put St. Olave's as one of four.

How other parents are judging to put St. Olave's as one of their preference?

Thanks
mitasol

Re: ST. OLAVE'S GRAMMAR SCHOOL

Post by mitasol »

Really all you can do is decide your preferences. If Olaves is your top school place it first because it will not prejudice your lower preferences. Each school list will be ranked on how well you meet the admissions criteria and the schools do not know your preference ranking. I would always advise your final choice should be a school you are certain to be offered- usually your local catchment school.
Sorrel

Re: ST. OLAVE'S GRAMMAR SCHOOL

Post by Sorrel »

You should hopefully know this weekend whether he's got through the first stage or not - if not, then of course the decision doesn't matter. They don't say how well he has done in the first stage, just whether he's invited back to the second stage or not.
ekumar

Re: St. Olave's Grammar School

Post by ekumar »

Does anyone know how much is the weightage for Stage 1 and stage 2 marks? Thanks in advance.
olucares

Re: St. Olave's Grammar School

Post by olucares »

ekumar wrote:Does anyone know how much is the weightage for Stage 1 and stage 2 marks? Thanks in advance.
Going by an FOI request I saw recently, it is equal weighting and the scores for Stage 1 & 2 are added together with the top 124 students offered.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now