Newstead Wood from Beckenham/Eden Park

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
interestedmum

Newstead Wood from Beckenham/Eden Park

Post by interestedmum »

Hi all

Are there any parents out here whose DD's may be going to Newstead Wood next year (2020) who live in South East Beckenham (Eden Park/Langley) area. Would be great to get some ideas about travelling to school.

Thank you!
PettswoodFiona

Re: Newstead Wood from Beckenham/Eden Park

Post by PettswoodFiona »

Langley girls has often been a favourite in the past rather than the awkward journey to Newstead but I gather that the latest Head is not popular with current parents. Saying that the provisional 2019 Progress 8 from Langley Girls is impressive and they don’t seem to down their prior high attainers so if it is an option for you it may be preferable to an awkward journey. I am not much help other then to say many girls travel from Beckenham Junction Station so if there is a bus to the station that might be the easiest route?
Motherhubbard

Post by Motherhubbard »

Agree with PwF . Langley’s results this year are great. And although I didn’t see it personally, friends say the new Eden park school on Balmoral Avenue looks impressive with shiny new facilities.
If you want to travel to NW , how about the bus to shortlands or bromley south (is it the 358 that travels along eden park rd?) and then the train. I think the bus takes a while though... bit if a meandering route.
interestedmum

Post by interestedmum »

Thank you x
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now