Townley final distance 2019

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

clouise26

Townley final distance 2019

Post by clouise26 »

Hi,

I’ve seen threads on here discussing Townley Grammar and the waiting list from this year’s intake. I wondered if anyone knew how far out the school intake eventually came? It seemed from the other thread that there wasn’t much waiting list movement for that school.

Thanks!
PettswoodFiona

Re: Townley final distance 2019

Post by PettswoodFiona »

According to the Bexley booklet it was 6.6 miles road route as if June 2019. When I was looking at this a few years ago I emailed the admissions person and they quickly replied so I would suggest you try that to find the distance by September. If you get any info that might be helpful - do pop back to update others.
clouise26

Post by clouise26 »

Thanks Pettswoodfiona, I have emailed and will see if they respond.

I know Townley are moving to as crow flies measurements this year anyway but interested also to see if they had much movement between June and Sept.
sobz70

Post by sobz70 »

Hi,
Just to let you know- all selected got a place eventually this year, as my daughter (DD2) who missed by 1 mark is now on the reserve list which is active.
Last edited by sobz70 on Sun Nov 03, 2019 12:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
georgiadani

Post by georgiadani »

Thanks Sobz70. That’s good to know. We are on the edge of their old road route measurement. Not sure what next year’s catchment will be now it’s gone to straight line and they’ve passed more children, but it’s reassuring that all selective got offered this year. Good luck to your DD- I hope she gets a place from the reserve list.
sobz70

Post by sobz70 »

Thank you! Yes they passed more this year even though less children did the test. I am not sure about DD2's chances because they have an in year test next week and after the results of that, there may be selective girls ahead of her on the list. Currently she is one of the top on the reserve list. Fingers crossed!
clouise26

Post by clouise26 »

Sobz70 this is very helpful info, thank you!
I know it is all still very uncertain but I had thought we likely wouldn’t get it and was busy preparing myself for choice 3. We are about 5 miles as the crow flies.
Fingers crossed for your DD. She must have started somewhere else and be hanging on in there? Do you have an older DD there too? The whole process is very draining.
We have gone for a 1 and 2 (Townley and Weald Sevenoaks) that are both very uncertain as we are in Petts Wood. Sounds like last year both schools eventually reached us, but it was very much a waiting game. Luckily she passed Newstead so we have that as number 3 but we all loved Townley and could see her being very happy there.
(plus I went to Newstead and it seemed pretty much unchanged from 1994 when I left!)
Fingers crossed for your DD2!!!!
clouise26

Post by clouise26 »

Just to update everyone, Townley admissions confirmed that this year it ended up going out 12.53 miles by road route from the waiting list.
So that is very encouraging for anyone that wants that school, although obviously with more passing you never know!
PettswoodFiona

Post by PettswoodFiona »

clouise26 wrote:Just to update everyone, Townley admissions confirmed that this year it ended up going out 12.53 miles by road route from the waiting list.
So that is very encouraging for anyone that wants that school, although obviously with more passing you never know!
Thanks clouise26
sobz70

Post by sobz70 »

Yes DD1 is in Newstead and loves it, DD2 was really excited to join DD1 but unfortunately did not score high enough, DD2 has started at another grammar however Townley would be so much more easier for us as we have family and friends there for the school run. Goodluck for your DD!