St. Olave's Results for 2020 entry to year 7

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
pottersbar

St. Olave's Results for 2020 entry to year 7

Post by pottersbar »

Good Morning,
It has been almost a month since the stage 2 test . Would like to know if anyone has been offered a place in St. Olave's. A friend of mine 2 years back got a call from St. Olave's asking them if he would like to proceed as his son was selected. They agreed and then St. Olave's sent his son's details to the council. He was based outside Bromley council though.

Thanks
scary mum

Re: St. Olave's Results for 2020 entry to year 7

Post by scary mum »

No-one is offered places until March, and then the offer comes through your local council. Or at least that's how it should work!
scary mum
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

pottersbar wrote:Good Morning,
It has been almost a month since the stage 2 test . Would like to know if anyone has been offered a place in St. Olave's. A friend of mine 2 years back got a call from St. Olave's asking them if he would like to proceed as his son was selected. They agreed and then St. Olave's sent his son's details to the council. He was based outside Bromley council though.

Thanks
As scary mum said, your secondary school offer must not be made before national offer day (2nd March in 2020, as March 1st is a Sunday) and must be made by your home LA. Schools are not permitted to contact parents direct until after the LA has done so; if they do, it is in contravention of the Admisdions Code. Unless the DC has an EHCP and one is intending to have the school named on this, but in that case, the application process (if carried out on time) is not via the Common Application Form.

Does any correspondence you have received so far from St.Olaves indicate that the school intends not to comply with the Admisdions Code in respect of the offering of places? Given their little embarrassment :oops: of a couple of years back wrt illegal exclusions from their sixth form, personally, I would have thought that the new HT would be very keen indeed to make sure that everything the school does is completely above board.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
thickasabrick

Post by thickasabrick »

I think it is safe to assume that this did not happen as it makes no sense whatsoever.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now