Bexley Grammar Schools allocations 2020

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

BR5mum

Re: Bexley Grammar Schools allocations 2020

Post by BR5mum »

We got our 3rd choice Beths (5.3 miles straight line distance). We had St Olave's and Dartford Grammar as 1st and 2nd choice.
clouise26

Post by clouise26 »

We got Townley grammar and we are 5 miles as crow flies
DaddyMac

Post by DaddyMac »

Hi folks, congrats to those who have secured the places they were after!

I wanted to share some distance information which might help others. We live in Blackheath and have not been successful with either Chis & Sid or Townley in the initial offer. We're 4.7 miles from C&S and we're 5.64 miles from Townley. We have requested to go onto the waiting list for both schools. Townley admissions lady got back to me to say that their initial offers went out 5.03 miles.

Does anyone know the distance of 1st round offers for C&S?

Also, daughter now more keen on Townley (2nd on form) over C&S (1st on form) so what happens if she gets a waiting list offer from Townley and accepts it but then get and offer from C&S?
georgiadani

Post by georgiadani »

If you get offered Townley and accept it, then you can just refuse Chis and Sids if it gets offered. Did they give you a waiting list place number? Last year it eventually went out to over 12 miles so you have a good chance of getting it at some point before September.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

If you get Townley and prefer that, you can just take your DD's name off the waiting list for Chis & Sid, rather than wait to be offered and turn down a place you no longer want.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
DaddyMac

Post by DaddyMac »

Thanks folks.

No waiting list no. from Townley just yet as they are still collating acceptances, rejections and requests to be put on the lists. Think it will be a couple of weeks until lists are formalised. I'm pretty confident of getting something sorted but fingers crossed.
DaddyMac

Post by DaddyMac »

Thanks folks.

No waiting list no. from Townley just yet as they are still collating acceptances, rejections and requests to be put on the lists. Think it will be a couple of weeks until lists are formalised. I'm pretty confident of getting something sorted but fingers crossed.
clouise26

Post by clouise26 »

Wow Chis n Sid didn’t come out as far this year then. I think last year it was 9 miles, but maybe they had an extra class? It came out to Petts Wood which is around 3.5 miles as lots from my DD’s school got it.

We too preferred Townley to Chis n Sid. There were a few reasons why, but these things are very subjective. Mainly my DD was quite adamant on it and her preference for Townley.
DaddyMac

Post by DaddyMac »

The distances published in the Bexley School list for 2019/2020 were taken as of August I believe so we're not comparing like with like at the moment.

We had C&S first choice main because my daughter disliked the sight of chewing gum on the back of a few of the chairs in the Townley Assembly hall! But they both seemed excellent so wasn't really much in the way of preference. She now prefers Townley as some of her school mates will be going there now.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now