Anybody heard about reallocations from Bexley/Bromley?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

TheBlackLodge

Anybody heard about reallocations from Bexley/Bromley?

Post by TheBlackLodge »

Just wondering if anybody here has heard anything (either personally or on the grapevine) about waiting list places being offered yet? I know it's still early days and everything is likely to be running slowly this year anyway.
PettswoodFiona

Re: Anybody heard about reallocations from Bexley/Bromley?

Post by PettswoodFiona »

The schools are back from Easter Break on Monday so you might hear something after then. I have heard from a few friends of friends who had previously accepted private school places and turned down grammar places now going on waiting lists and likely to go to the top with their scores or distances so don’t want to worry you but this year pressure on places is likely to be affected more by those who would normally have taken up private school places deciding they can no longer afford it or things are uncertain so they choose the grammar place over private.

Hope you hear soon.
TheBlackLodge

Post by TheBlackLodge »

Yes, I must admit I had been worried about the knock-on effect of the current situation and those who might have gone to private school hanging on to state places. BUT I had my own question answered this afternoon because I got an email from Bromley admissions offering DD her second choice school (we got fourth preference initially). Very relieved because it's a much better fit for her. I can stop worrying now and just wait and see if our first choice comes up with an offer down the line.

Good luck to anybody else waiting for news.
PettswoodFiona

Post by PettswoodFiona »

Oh that is good news for you and your DD. All heading in the right direction.
DaddyMac

Post by DaddyMac »

We're out of borough (Greenwich) but as of 2 weeks ago were 12th on the Townley list we are 5.6 miles away (original offers were 5 miles). Hoping to hear something soon but would be interested to hear of others getting places from the waiting list.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now