Newstead wood

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
PettswoodFiona

Re: Newstead wood

Post by PettswoodFiona »

The numbers who sat the test used to be given on the admissions documentation but it hasn't been in recent years, in recent years they have also added a second day to allow for more to sit. Taken from the admissions document from a few years ago:
There were 1070 applications in 2017 and 996 sat the test.
I would recommend avoiding sharing very high scores that might be your own, if you are above 220 you are fairly safe and it will only be unhelpful to others who haven't done so well to post high scores.
PettswoodFiona

Post by PettswoodFiona »

Fmmg wrote:Yes, I agree. But I understand that this year due to financial uncertainties etc etc many who would previously have chosen private over a grammar will not do so. So more pressure than ever on grammar spaces.
But then I know others who are not considering grammar as the independents have been reportedly so much better at coping with the pandemic and online learning so I think it is cutting both ways. For what it is worth Newstead have done a pretty good job during the pandemic with online and remote learning.
Qusay02

Post by Qusay02 »

PettswoodFiona wrote:
Fmmg wrote:Yes, I agree. But I understand that this year due to financial uncertainties etc etc many who would previously have chosen private over a grammar will not do so. So more pressure than ever on grammar spaces.
But then I know others who are not considering grammar as the independents have been reputedly so much better at coping with the pandemic and online learning so I think it is cutting both ways.

This year is unprecedented in all aspects. The admission criteria is created to be fair to most but unfortunately always the one who are in the middle suffers mostly. Because they won’t fit in any box.
We have the results now, and we have just to wait till 1st of March
Jasmine76

Post by Jasmine76 »

PettswoodFiona wrote:
Jasmine76 wrote:Hi
My daughter just got her results -227. Is this a definite to get a place, do you think? She is not pupil premium. Any advice is greatly appreciated.
That is a great score, it would be unprecedented for her not to get a place on offer day based on the scores for the past five years and if Newstead Wood was on your CAF as first choice.

Thank you! I hope so...
apprentice

Post by apprentice »

Jasmine76 wrote:Hi
My daughter just got her results -227. Is this a definite to get a place, do you think? She is not pupil premium. Any advice is greatly appreciated.
The chances are, she will get in by at least 7 marks difference from the cut-off mark.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now