Newstead wood

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
PettswoodFiona

Re: Newstead wood

Post by PettswoodFiona »

Qusay02 wrote:
PettswoodFiona wrote:They have had pupil premium for the last three years now, it hasn't seemed to affect the scores.

Thank you very much for your help. How do you think 222 non pupil premium would likely to get an offer?
Highly likely to get in, but no guarantee as this is an odd year, but going on the past five years she would have got in, some years it may not have happened on offer day but it would have been very soon after, congratulations to your DD.
Qusay02

Post by Qusay02 »

PettswoodFiona wrote:
Qusay02 wrote:
PettswoodFiona wrote:They have had pupil premium for the last three years now, it hasn't seemed to affect the scores.

Thank you very much for your help. How do you think 222 non pupil premium would likely to get an offer?
Highly likely to get in, but no guarantee as this is an odd year, but going on the past five years she would have got in, some years it may not have happened on offer day but it would have been very soon after, congratulations to your DD.

Thank you but as you said no guarantee since this is an odd year
Qusay02

Post by Qusay02 »

PettswoodFiona wrote:
Qusay02 wrote:

Thank you but as you said no guarantee since this is an odd year
Jasmine76

Post by Jasmine76 »

Hi
My daughter just got her results -227. Is this a definite to get a place, do you think? She is not pupil premium. Any advice is greatly appreciated.
PettswoodFiona

Post by PettswoodFiona »

Jasmine76 wrote:Hi
My daughter just got her results -227. Is this a definite to get a place, do you think? She is not pupil premium. Any advice is greatly appreciated.
That is a great score, it would be unprecedented for her not to get a place on offer day based on the scores for the past five years and if Newstead Wood was on your CAF as first choice.
Fmmg

Post by Fmmg »

My daughter scored similar but I am hearing of incredibly high scores from her friends. We are trying to stay hopeful but there’s really no way to know where the score ranks is there.
PettswoodFiona

Post by PettswoodFiona »

Bear in mind some of those with high scores only sit the NW exam for bragging rights and with no intention to go to 'a grotty state school' to quote one of DD's (now ex) friends parents at the time but they will be choosing private schools or under the impression a good score might leverage their DD a scholarship or similar. Others may be sitting multiple tests and NW may not be their first choice.
Fmmg

Post by Fmmg »

Yes, I agree. But I understand that this year due to financial uncertainties etc etc many who would previously have chosen private over a grammar will not do so. So more pressure than ever on grammar spaces.
Qusay02

Post by Qusay02 »

Any idea how many pupils have sat the test? And even for previous year?
Hmmm

Post by Hmmm »

Fmmg wrote:My daughter scored similar but I am hearing of incredibly high scores from her friends. We are trying to stay hopeful but there’s really no way to know where the score ranks is there.
could you share what "incredibly high scores" are? My daughter got 228, and I was quite certain she'll get a place on offer day, but after your post I'm a bit nervous...
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now