St. Olaves Stage 1 result

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
turnip08

Re: St. Olaves Stage 1 result

Post by turnip08 »

bexbrom wrote:DO we know what the mark means ?
What its out of.
Very happy here as my sons through to stage 2. (Although he wants to go to Wilsons - but our daughter is at Newstead).....
Would be interesting to know. And if anyone knows what the top score that was achieved. As I understand it, the Olave's test, in contrast to other grammar tests such as e.g. Kent, does not adjust scores based on age (it's not age standardised).
Pl1688

Post by Pl1688 »

I believe its out of 60 - my DS said that was the total number of questions on the test this year. Prior years high scores were in the high 50s (not sure if number of questions was same tho).
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

turnip08 wrote:
What its out of.
Very happy here as my sons through to stage 2. (Although he wants to go to Wilsons - but our daughter is at Newstead).....
Would be interesting to know. And if anyone knows what the top score that was achieved. As I understand it, the Olave's test, in contrast to other grammar tests such as e.g. Kent, does not adjust scores based on age (it's not age standardised).
I just had a quick.look at the admissions information on the school website & it says that the results are standardised.
scary mum
turnip08

Post by turnip08 »

scary mum wrote:
turnip08 wrote:
What its out of.
I just had a quick.look at the admissions information on the school website & it says that the results are standardised.
Yes, but not on age sadly.
Pl1688

Post by Pl1688 »

I don't think stage 1 is standardised. They base it on raw scores to achieve their desired cutoff (this year, approx top 450).

After stage 2, the scores of the two papers are standardised to achieve a single score for ranking purposes (but crucially with no age weighting).
turnip08

Post by turnip08 »

Found this FOI link on the raw scores from Stage 1 and 2 tests from March 2020 https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... .xlsx.html
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now