Bexley test paper not marked

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
blondegirl

Bexley test paper not marked

Post by blondegirl »

We have just found out that my son's test paper hasn't been marked. He had special arrangements for the test and I'm not sure if it's the whole batch that hasn't been marked or just his.

I am so angry and upset and worried, and just wondered if anyone else is in the same boat or has heard of anyone else who's not received a result yet?
Qusay02

Re: Bexley test paper not marked

Post by Qusay02 »

Did you call them? Did they tell you the why papers haven’t been marked yet? It could be just because they are waiting all candidates to sit the exam and they will Mark them as one batch.
I think grammar schools will have many other pupils who didn’t manage to sit the test on time due to self-isolations.
I don’t think you should panic, try to get more details from the admission directly.
Good luck
blondegirl

Post by blondegirl »

They didn't tell me why, just that it hadn't been marked. All the exams have been done and the results went out yesterday - but obviously we didn't get the email.

I have spoken to admissions several times today because at first they were claiming it had been sent and it was a problem with my email.
*Shillian*

Post by *Shillian* »

Not heard of that happening. How frustrating. I hope you find out his results soon.
Fmmg

Post by Fmmg »

I know of someone else whose child sat the Bexley paper with other dyslexic children on a different day (4 days later) who also did not receive the results email. When queried they were told they’d investigate. At the weekend they were still waiting for results.
blondegirl

Post by blondegirl »

Ohh that's interesting. I wonder if that child was in the same extra-time session as my son. Perhaps they've missed a whole batch.

I've emailed again this morning but not had any reply. They don't seem remotely bothered or in any sort of rush to get it sorted out.
PettswoodFiona

Post by PettswoodFiona »

That is truly shambolic. It is potentially discriminatory. Does your LA allow for last minute changes to the already submitted CAF? If it does then you may be at a disadvantage compared to those who do have the results. For example I know Bromley is allowing their residents to change the CAF up to a particular date in early December (my DD is in Y11 so I am not going through the process but have friends who are hence the vagueness!).

I have also seen on another thread https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum ... 3&start=20" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Shillian mention that a higher percentage were marked as passed this year, but that overall numbers are down so fewer have been found deemed selective, but if they've missed out a bunch of papers then I wonder how this affects that calculation???
blondegirl

Post by blondegirl »

We're in Bromley too. Yes, we have until Thursday to change the form and they have assured me that the results will be back in time. I don't believe them though. I don't believe anything they're telling me, actually.

On Friday I was told that the manager had my son's paper in his hand and it was being marked "as we speak" but I don't have results yet. I'm slightly concerned that they've lost the papers altogether.
Fmmg

Post by Fmmg »

The person I know who is today still waiting for their child’s results is also in Bromley.
Fmmg

Post by Fmmg »

Sorry to post above twice. I hope it helps OP in some way to know that there are others / at least one other in same situation.
duplicate post removed by moderator