Why does Newstead do NVR and VR only?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

MARC1

Why does Newstead do NVR and VR only?

Post by MARC1 »

Hi, just curious as to why Newstead does NVR and VR only and not include Maths and English. Im not aware of this being normal in the majority of grammars I have come across. So was curious as to why Newstead do this.
PettswoodFiona

Re: Why does Newstead do NVR and VR only?

Post by PettswoodFiona »

MARC1 wrote:Hi, just curious as to why Newstead does NVR and VR only and not include Maths and English. Im not aware of this being normal in the majority of grammars I have come across. So was curious as to why Newstead do this.
If you go and look at the Governor's minutes this has been discussed in the past, but quite a while ago so I can't link to the specific one as don't have time to dig it out. I seem to remember the argument was they were more looking for potential rather than current attainment and felt that whilst a lot of other schools had maths and English for example, if a child hadn't studied that at school for whatever reason then it may only show current attainment.

I think there is also a cost in any change which I suspect the school might find a barrier but that hasn't been used as an argument that I can remember.
MARC1

Re: Why does Newstead do NVR and VR only?

Post by MARC1 »

ok thanks. I did have a quick look but it looks like it'll take awhile to find, so much appreciated for the response.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now