St Olaves waiting list 2021

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
A1Mum

St Olaves waiting list 2021

Post by A1Mum »

Hi, Congratulations to all who got their first choice. Good luck to those still fingers crossed.

It would be nice to find out Olaves cut-off as on 1st March'21. I know someone got an offer at 47. Any other DS on offer less than this?
Thanks
Chancer1

Re: St Olaves waiting list 2021

Post by Chancer1 »

Hi,
Yes I know of a friend's son who received an offer with a score of 46.
Parentgrace

Post by Parentgrace »

My frirdn's son got in with 46. Good Luck!
A1Mum

Post by A1Mum »

Thank you Chancer1 and Parentgrace for your responses. This will give some idea about waiting list positions.

As per data released by Olaves for earlier years, there is a trend that about 50-60 boys quit before stage2 (around 450 get selected at stage1 but only around 390 turn up for stage2). This year as of 1st March, most from these 60 would still be in the ranking list, but likely to opt out as per the norm in previous years.

So am I correct in thinking, this year there is likely to be more movement in the Waiting List. Any other comments on WL movement please?
Pl1688

Post by Pl1688 »

With no stage 2, I would think this year's wait list will move less. If you look at the available freedom of information data, quite a few of the highest scorers from stage 2 often don't take up places at Olaves. These highest scorers in stage 2 aren't always highest scorers in the easier stage 1 which could mean less DS taking up indie places and hence freeing up places on the waitlist. For example, I know a friend's DS who scored 44 in stage 1 but was expected to do better in the written stage 2 - he has taken a CLSB place. He would've been someone who placed Olaves as their first preference (if stage 2 has been tested) but not eventually take up the place and hence released to waitlist.
Ulichka23

Post by Ulichka23 »

A1Mum wrote:Hi, Congratulations to all who got their first choice. Good luck to those still fingers crossed.

It would be nice to find out Olaves cut-off as on 1st March'21. I know someone got an offer at 47. Any other DS on offer less than this?
Thanks
I know someone who scored 46 and got a place at St Olave's. My DS is on a waiting list
A1Mum

Post by A1Mum »

Pl1688 wrote:With no stage 2, I would think this year's wait list will move less. If you look at the available freedom of information data, quite a few of the highest scorers from stage 2 often don't take up places at Olaves. These highest scorers in stage 2 aren't always highest scorers in the easier stage 1 which could mean less DS taking up indie places and hence freeing up places on the waitlist. For example, I know a friend's DS who scored 44 in stage 1 but was expected to do better in the written stage 2 - he has taken a CLSB place. He would've been someone who placed Olaves as their first preference (if stage 2 has been tested) but not eventually take up the place and hence released to waitlist.
An interesting observation. This might also mean more DS from state primaries than prep/privates going to Olaves this time around.
Last edited by A1Mum on Sun Mar 07, 2021 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A1Mum

Post by A1Mum »

Ulichka23 wrote:
A1Mum wrote:Hi, Congratulations to all who got their first choice. Good luck to those still fingers crossed.

Thanks
I know someone who scored 46 and got a place at St Olave's. My DS is on a waiting list
Going by the inputs so far, looks like 46 was the cut-off. Any DS with 45 who got in?
I assume technically every student below the cut-off is on WL, or did you get any communication from Olaves separately too?
Ulichka23

Post by Ulichka23 »

Going by the inputs so far, looks like 46 was the cut-off. Any DS with 45 who got in?
I assume technically every student below the cut-off is on WL, or did you get any communication from Olaves separately too?[/quote]

Yes, every student below the cut off is on a waiting list. I did ring the school but didn't get a proper answer. They just said to ring back after 16th April to see where my DS is on a waiting list. She just mentioned that he is not at a bottom of the WL which didn't help much...
grilnica

Post by grilnica »

Freedom of information request just confirmed cut-off was 46. Obviously there will be 10s of kids on that score so some will have an offer, some won't.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/body/st_ ... mar_school" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. Good luck on the WL.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now