Newstead Waiting List - 2021

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

csrivats

Newstead Waiting List - 2021

Post by csrivats »

All -My DD got 215 at the NWS entrance test and is now on the 18th position on the waiting list.

As per the letter from the school, the cut off point on rank order is 217.

I have read the other related thread on this forum and based on the previous years, the offers seems to go down quite a bit on the waiting list.

My DD got offered her 2nd choice (Townley) and I am just trying to be realistic about what to expect from this year's waiting list.

Any idea what was the waiting list movement during 2020?

Many thanks in advance for your help

Regards
Sri
PettswoodFiona

Re: Newstead Waiting List - 2021

Post by PettswoodFiona »

Hi Sri, the waitlist number sounds very hopeful for your DD, as you know from reading round the forum in 2019 we know the waitlist position went down to at least 27 and in 2018 to at least 23.

As you say it would be good to hear from those who started in 2020 who were originally on the waitlist and what their position was and when they got a place.

Good luck
Portman1

Post by Portman1 »

How does the wait list work for Newstead?

Do they rank the list in order of score and release places from a certain date?
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Portman1 wrote:How does the wait list work for Newstead?

Whatever the oversubscription criteria are, that is the order in which the waiting list must be ranked and held until December 31st of year 7.

The relevant paragraph in the school's admissions policy implies that offers may be made at any time from March 2nd, should the number of girls taking up their place fall below PAN.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
csrivats

Post by csrivats »

Portman1 wrote:How does the wait list work for Newstead?

Yes - they rank the list in order of score and then use the NVR score (overall NVR score and then individual NVR sections and then the final NVR section) to further decide in case of a tied score.

The first waiting is based on the rank order from the National offer date.
There would be further updates to this list after the Local Authorities have reconciled all the first round offers before they can start on a second round of offers and this process, i believe continues right up to Sep.
PettswoodFiona

Post by PettswoodFiona »

Newstead tend to work as independently as they can on filling places and they don’t seem to come in waves like in Kent an official reallocation so it seems to be more of a gradual process or has been in past years. The last major movement has usually been around induction day in late June or July when a few don’t turn up (don’t know how that works with potential remote indications) and some parents choosing independent finally get found to not have notified school. Sometimes one or two places crop up for no shows in September. By September it typically moves 23-30 places, but as evidenced by the lower qualifying score this year it isn’t a typical year so anything could happen.