Petts Wood and Bexley entrance

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
StressyDad

Re: Petts Wood and Bexley entrance

Post by StressyDad »

Hopeful123*** wrote:I agree, it changes every year but if it helps Chis & Sid came out 4.03 miles on offer day. I’m not sure if “around 4 miles” puts you in catchment or not.
Thank you for this. Are all of the Bexley grammar schools’ catchment areas detailed on the Bexley Borough website somewhere?
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

https://www.bexley.gov.uk/sites/default ... y-2021.pdf

The actual word catchment doesn't appear at all in this document and looking at two random grammar schools, the relevant point when it comes to the applicant's place of residence is just distance from the school.

There is a difference between a school's formal catchment - or Priority admissions area - (which must be defined in the admissions policy and must comply with the relevant paragraphs in the Admissions Code) and the distance from the school the last applicant to the school lives at, where distance in itself is relevant as the criterion or tie-break.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
PettswoodFiona

Post by PettswoodFiona »

StressyDad wrote:
Hopeful123*** wrote:I agree, it changes every year but if it helps Chis & Sid came out 4.03 miles on offer day. I’m not sure if “around 4 miles” puts you in catchment or not.
Thank you for this. Are all of the Bexley grammar schools’ catchment areas detailed on the Bexley Borough website somewhere?
The Bexley Secondary booklet give last distance offered for all the grammar schools over the past few years. These can act as a guide but will change for a host of reasons but as Bexley try and look at limiting the numbers deemed selective it isn’t going to be so greatly affected by years that have higher birth rates, more where the cut-off score is. Scoring in top 180 means you can live any distance and still put down a Bexley school and get it should that be your preference.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Page 14 https://www.bexley.gov.uk/sites/default ... y-2021.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

These are the distances by the end of August for previous and July for last year
Hopeful123***

Post by Hopeful123*** »

StressyDad wrote:

If you email Bexley Council, they will let you have distance offered for any of their schools for this year. A friend of mine who unfortunately didn’t get C&S this year emailed them and by all accounts they responded extremely quickly. These distances aren’t yet published in the schools guide. C&S didn’t come out as far as in previous years, I suspect perhaps due to siblings as two years ago is when they went out 9 miles meaning that children who maybe wouldn’t have got it in a “normal” year did due to the sibling policy. Just my thinking, I have no idea if this really is the case.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now