Petts Wood and Bexley entrance

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Supersunny

Petts Wood and Bexley entrance

Post by Supersunny »

Hello,

Has any child from Petts Wood been successful getting into a Bexley grammar school this year?

I have heard of children in Petts Wood who sat and passed the Bexley tests for 2021 but haven't obtained a place at one of the schools. How widespread was this? Given 2022 entry is another bulge year, I am wondering if it is worth the hassle of getting kids to do these tests if they pass but ultimately won't obtain a place?

Thanks for reading.
Fingerscrossedmum

Re: Petts Wood and Bexley entrance

Post by Fingerscrossedmum »

I know of a couple of children from a school in Bickley that have got places at the Bexley Grammars (not top 180)
Fmmg

Post by Fmmg »

I know of one who got Beths this year on offer day, and a couple who got Chis&Sid on offer day last year. There are quite a few who got Townley in the Orpington area in the May allocations too.
Supersunny

Post by Supersunny »

Fmmg wrote:I know of one who got Beths this year on offer day, and a couple who got Chis&Sid on offer day last year. There are quite a few who got Townley in the Orpington area in the May allocations too.
Thanks Fmmg. So that's one for sure this year...
PettswoodFiona

Post by PettswoodFiona »

I know of another in Petts Wood who got Chis n Sid on offer day this year from Petts Wood.
Miss Shortlands

Post by Miss Shortlands »

My advice is that you never know what is going to happen each year. My daughter started at Chis and Sid in 2019- which was a bulge year. It went out as far as Bromley on National Offer Day.
Hopeful123***

Post by Hopeful123*** »

I agree, it changes every year but if it helps Chis & Sid came out 4.03 miles on offer day. I’m not sure if “around 4 miles” puts you in catchment or not.
Chismummy

Post by Chismummy »

How do you know 2022 is going to be a bulge year? Is this just for specific schools or areas? And grammar and non-selective too?
"I have heard of children in Petts Wood who sat and passed the Bexley tests for 2021 but haven't obtained a place at one of the schools. How widespread was this? Given 2022 entry is another bulge year, I am wondering if it is worth the hassle of getting kids to do these tests if they pass but ultimately won't obtain a place? "
Sorrel

Post by Sorrel »

There were high birth rates till a few years after 2010 - see chart in this story

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/amp/en ... 81f685aea/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I don't think there's anything like a direct relationship to pressure on Bexley grammar places though. Chis and Sid was v tight for places in 2018 then came out much much further the next year. Lots of factors involved.
Last edited by Sorrel on Sat Mar 27, 2021 6:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sorrel

Post by Sorrel »

This has more detail and shows 2010 as the peak year but with rates nearly as high in 2011 and 12 before a big drop off from 2013:

https://www.statista.com/statistics/281 ... ingdom-uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now