Townley distance

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Sai9

Townley distance

Post by Sai9 »

Hai
Does anyone know what’s the last distance which townley offered this year? Mine is 6.5 miles straight so working out possibilities. Is it possible to get townley with this distance?
PettswoodFiona

Re: Townley distance

Post by PettswoodFiona »

Bexley will bring out a new edition of the moving to secondary school booklet soon but looking at distance in the 2021 admission booklet it mentions 5.8 miles as of July 2020. Previously they had used a by road route and also this figure is as of July 2020 so it would have been less on offer day but possibly more by start of term.

If you email the admission people at Townley they will advise

Past distances are just a guide, a lot depends on size of birth year, popularity of the school, other choices available to those closer to Townley.
Coffeelover

Re: Townley distance

Post by Coffeelover »

At March 2021 for September 2021 entry the offers had gone out to around 5.12 miles distance.

Less people sat the 2020 11 plus test. It will have changed since then and gone out a bit more, but I am not sure by how much.

I think you are best checking directly with the school.

It is a very popular school.

Exactly as Pettswood says it always depends on the cohort and other factors, such as people who move closer to the school so the wait list can change.

I would say that if I were you I would have other options as it is popular and for good reason. The children I know who go there are very happy.

Do you have other realistic options nearer to you? I would say the distance you have is too far to depend upon but no one can predict the future?
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now