Buses from Orpington to Tunbridge Wells schools

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Supersunny

Buses from Orpington to Tunbridge Wells schools

Post by Supersunny »

Just wondering if there are any buses or private minibuses organised by parents that go from Orpington to Tunbridge Wells schools? Thanks.
PettswoodFiona

Re: Buses from Orpington to Tunbridge Wells schools

Post by PettswoodFiona »

I haven’t seen mention of any on here in the past. Trains would be far quicker. For TWGSB if you don’t get the Sevenoaks annexe then a train to High Brooms seems the norm, more on this thread here:
https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum ... 19&t=62296" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Supersunny

Post by Supersunny »

That's really helpful; thank you. I tried to find a discussion on this topic.
Fmmg

Post by Fmmg »

I have asked this on the Kent page in relation to trains and buses to the Sevenoaks and Tonbridge (not TW) Weald sites - maybe if you search Orpington in that section it will come up.
Fron what I have found out, for TWGSB main site the best option is apparently train as described above. For TWGSB Sevenoaks site I know that some boys are getting the same bus that the girls get to go from Orpington to the Sevenoaks Weald site, others are doing a lift share and quite a few get the same train that goes to Tonbridge but get off at Sevenoaks then bus it to the site.
Sorrel

Post by Sorrel »

Definitely trains for Tunbridge Wells schools: it's a generally reliable service, lots of boys take them, and the traffic going into TW of a morning is hideous.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now