St. Olaves Stage 1 result 2021

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

5013harvey

St. Olaves Stage 1 result 2021

Post by 5013harvey »

Hi All,

Does anyone know when to expect the stage 1 result for St. Olaves?

Thanks
Chismummy

Re: St. Olaves Stage 1 result 2021

Post by Chismummy »

Friday 15th Oct apparently
Chismummy

Post by Chismummy »

Results have actually come out now.
jnabhishek

Post by jnabhishek »

Chismummy wrote:Results have actually come out now.
Thanks for letting us know, after seeing your post I realised and seen the result. My son is through stage 1 and is been offered for stage 2 to be held on 12th Nov.
They did mention
"Following the Stage 2 Entrance Test, his scores will be standardised and then aggregated, together with his SET marks, to allow a ranking of candidates. All candidates who proceed to, and sit, the Stage 2 test are eligible for the offer of a place at St. Olave’s. The rank order will be submitted to the Local Authority, who offer places to the highest ranked boys in accordance with parental preference and our Admissions Policy"

I didn't get "then aggregated, together with his SET marks", does that mean the stage 1 scores will be added to stage2 standardised scores to evaluate ranking?
Also please suggest, what are the parameters parents should consider while giving prefernce in CAF for St. Olaves without stage 2 exams. Any previous stats will help.
PettswoodFiona

Post by PettswoodFiona »

jnabhishek wrote: I didn't get "then aggregated, together with his SET marks", does that mean the stage 1 scores will be added to stage2 standardised scores to evaluate ranking?
Yes that means both scores are added together to form the rank
jnabhishek wrote: Also please suggest, what are the parameters parents should consider while giving prefernce in CAF for St. Olaves without stage 2 exams. Any previous stats will help.
The school release limited information so the best advice I’ve seen is if you want the school put it on your CAF if you have the space. Also put on at least one school you will know your son will get. Put in your true order of presence.
Ivy102021

Post by Ivy102021 »

My son scored 45 in the SET. How do I know if that is a good score or not? By that I mean in for a chance if he does well in Stage 2? He was unprepared for the SET as grammar was a very last minute decision so I hope he will do better in Stage 2 as greater depth Maths and English are his strengths (he is very bright and fast), whereas non verbal and verbal he hadn’t practised much for at all.
PettswoodFiona

Post by PettswoodFiona »

What information is available is here: https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/body/st_ ... mar_school" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - one is a table of scores at stage 1 for the last few years. There seems to be a big difference in 2018, but in 2019 39 was the cut off and and 2020 40 was the cut off and you can see how many were above these in the table.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now