Newsteadwood results

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

The hill

Re: Newsteadwood results

Post by The hill »

Frbm wrote:We went for our tour today and I have to say, we are disappointed. DH and I left feeling that visiting the school has only brought us more questions…
I also went for a tour today with my yr 5 daughter and had it been my first visit to Newstead I think I would’ve been a little disappointed.
It was difficult to see any actual teaching and what is on offer due to not being able to access the classrooms, I understand because of Covid but it did just feel allot like a tour of the corridors.

This is a real shame for anyone visiting for the first time as it’s very different to my visit on a Saturday in 2019 where my daughter ( now in yr 7 @ NW) could experience so much more and get a proper feel for the school. There were live science lessons taking place , we were able to access the DT building which we couldn’t go in today and saw some amazing textiles & fashion design work , brilliant creations with the 3D printers and food tech live lessons , trampolining , netball and lots of information on the vast enrichment classes on offer during lunchtime and afterschool.

Possibly things you may not have seen today or been told about…..