NVR Questions in Bexley

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
gmw.pts

NVR Questions in Bexley

Post by gmw.pts »

I live in Gloucestershire and I am familiar with the CEM test in our own LEA. One of my grandsons lives in Bexley and he will be sitting the 11+ test in 2022. I'd like to support him remotely but I do not want to mislead him about what to expect in the Bexley Test due to my knowledge being limited to the CEM test in another area. As far as I know, there shouldn't be any difference in the types of VR and Maths questions but my query involves the NVR.

From the feedback I have managed to discover from students who have sat the CEM papers in Gloucestershire, there have been no 2D/3D Shape or Cubes & Nets questions (as found in the CGP Study Books, Practice Books and Practice Tests) since they first introduced the CEM test here in 2014. All the questions in Gloucestershire seem to be Linear Series questions or 3 x 3 Grid or Hexagonal Grid questions.

Is there anyone who could help me to support my grandson by letting me know what types of NVR questions appear in the Bexley test? Do the NVR sections follow the same pattern as above?

Thanks in anticipation.
Frbm

Re: NVR Questions in Bexley

Post by Frbm »

gmw.pts wrote:I live in Gloucestershire and I am familiar with the CEM test in our own LEA. One of my grandsons lives in Bexley and he will be sitting the 11+ test in 2022. I'd like to support him remotely but I do not want to mislead him about what to expect in the Bexley Test due to my knowledge being limited to the CEM test in another area. As far as I know, there shouldn't be any difference in the types of VR and Maths questions but my query involves the NVR.

From the feedback I have managed to discover from students who have sat the CEM papers in Gloucestershire, there have been no 2D/3D Shape or Cubes & Nets questions (as found in the CGP Study Books, Practice Books and Practice Tests) since they first introduced the CEM test here in 2014. All the questions in Gloucestershire seem to be Linear Series questions or 3 x 3 Grid or Hexagonal Grid questions.

Is there anyone who could help me to support my grandson by letting me know what types of NVR questions appear in the Bexley test? Do the NVR sections follow the same pattern as above?

Thanks in anticipation.
Kent exam definitely covers spacial reasoning. I would recommend that you check the topics/subjects covered in the 11+ with the authority (for example, Kent, Bexley) then look for the material per subject depending on the Exam type (for example, Bond CEM Spacial Reasoning). We had some books covering basic subjects (Maths, VR, NR, English) and different types (CEM/GL) and would complement accordingly (Creative writing, Cloze, etc)
scary mum

Re: NVR Questions in Bexley

Post by scary mum »

There is information on this page about the tests in different geographical areas, along with suggestions for practice materials. Just click on the relevant area on the left hand side.
scary mum
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now